Norwegian to seek approval for London-Buenos Aires route

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

Local media quotes CAA official Juan Irigoni as saying Norwegian would be hoping to fly Buenos Aires-London around December of this year. So we’ll see, bearing in mind the aeropolitics, if that timescale can be met.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/2022145-norweigan-aprobo-los-planes-para-volar-en-el-pais-y-empieza-a-contratar-empleados

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Now confirmed just a few mins ago.

Norwegian to fly ex-LGW to Buenos Aires x 4 week from February 18 next year.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Our news piece of this morning:

Norwegian announces Gatwick-Buenos Aires route

K1ngston
    Participant

My sources also tell me they are about to launch a service LGW – SIN is this correct?

Thanks in advance

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Here are the details re LGW-Singapore.

Norwegian announces non-stop Singapore-London service

I would expect SIA to compete with keen fares. Its A380 services provide lots of capacity for SIA to tinker with its pricing model.

Of course, SIA could operate Scoot in competition with Norwegian. Scoot has just started flying SIN-ATH.

K1ngston
    Participant

Thanks so much!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m wondering how Norwegian’s in-flight service is compared to BA Economy?

PhilipHart
    Participant

@LuganoPirate, I can’t speak for the long-haul, but I flew 16 sectors LGW-PMI with Norwegian over the winter – when BA stops flying from London to Mallorca – and I found the experience to be the best of the LoCos.

Nice modern 737-800 aircraft, good hard product, Free (!!) WiFi, BoB with much better selection than BA or any of the other LoCos, and friendly and helpful CC.

All-in-all a great experience, which knocks BA economy into a cocked hat.

Stowage222
    Participant

My only concern with Norwegian going so far from base is what happens if an a/c goes tech or is diverted en route – you could be stranded for days! I know many pax have horror stories when this has happened in the past.

Alex McWhirter
    Participant

Norwegian will increase its London LGW to Buenos Aires service from four to six flights weekly at the start of the summer timetable from March 27.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/276248/norwegian-files-additional-trans-atlantic-frequency-in-s18/

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Starts tomorrow

“From tomorrow, Norwegian begins the first ever low-cost route from the UK to South America which will break the monopoly on flights between London and Buenos Aires.

The airline also plans to give UK passengers onward connections to cities around Argentina and Latin America as it prepares to launch new domestic services in the country after receiving an Air Operator’s Certificate from the Argentine authorities.

London-Buenos Aires will increase to a daily service this winter.”

Flightlevel
    Participant

Australians have successfully increased tourism over the years and South Africans too.
    Sensible for the Argentinians to do the same taking advantage of their summer to escape the northern winter and developing the market over the year, they may eventually have vegetarian menus too!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls