Norwegian B787-8 Dreamliner

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

I was booked in Economy for my first flight with Norwegian from Gatwick to San Juan to then join a cruise. Norwegian have a few dedicated check in desks at Gatwick and there was a huge queue. I enquired if this was normal and was told it was because the check in staff had to check visas which is absolute rubbish. It took over 30 minutes to reach the desk and then the check in agent asked if we were flying Norwegian! Check in took longer than it should and I enquired about the possibility of upgrading and was told it was £250, 50% cheaper than on the website, but I decided to stay with my friends in economy. We checked in and then made our way to departures. Quite a wait at security and than we had breakfast in a packed restaurant. The place was extremely busy and had a real charter flight type feel.

We made our way to the gate and I decided I would upgrade so paid the supplement. Premium pax were called first to board and once seated were offered water or orange juice. The premium economy consists of 4 rows of 7 seats and a further row with 4 seats, 2 either side separated by the galley. Seat pitch was more than I expected at 46 inches but they didn' t recline as much as I thought they would.

The crew seemed in a rush to get the meal out of the way and we were served a drink then the meal with wine, followed by a liqueur. The food was nothing special at all. I think they have a limit on the amount of drinks you can have but nobody seemed to be overdoing it. Champagne was available but had to be paid for.

The entertainment system was good with several recent films available to watch.

Before landing we were served a snack along with tea or coffee. One could also order snacks/drinks via the tv screen paying with a credit card and cabin crew would bring the purchases to your seat.

Overall it was ok. The seat was fine for the supplement paid and had a good amount of legroom, 8 inches more than BA/Virgin premium economy but I would have been disappointed if I had paid the normal rate. . The service was good although some of the crew perhaps lacked polish. It certainly wouldn' t be my first choice of airline on other routes where there is more competition but it is the only non stop to SJU and was part of a package.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user FirstClassWannabe can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls