Norwegian Air Shuttle B737-800 Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

Swindoneric
    Participant

Flew Edinburgh-Stockholm and then Helsinki to Edinburgh last week, both via Copenhagen.

This is basically how a low cost airline should run. Seat numbers allocated, Free wifi on all flights and everything ran on time. If there is a criticism, they don’t always take currency on board (clearly prefer you to pay on a card). Thus, if you want food and drink, remember that. But other than that, pretty much perfect. State of the art and full aircraft.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

I have been very impressed with Norwegian recently.

Out of interest, it seems to be more and more common in Scandinavia for companies to prefer payment by card, even in shops; in Gothenburg city centre, one shop will not accept cash at all.

TominScotland
    Participant

Card payment is general currency in Nordic countries. I spent a week in Estonia recently and, in the staff canteen where I was based, it was considered normal to pay a €1 transaction by card. Goes against the grain for me (maybe I will get used to it) so I always paid cash, much to the amusement of colleagues. The other reason to avoid cards like that when abroad is the bank charges that could be heaped on top of your €1.

Swindoneric
    Participant

I spend a lot of time in the Nordics and it’s usually a dream on the expenses front as I don’t bother taking any cash with me. Just pay for everything on plastic and no shrapnel to fuss about when I’m home. On a low cost flight though, I would rather leave my wallet in my suit jacket and simply slip a fiver in my back pocket to buy myself a drink. Pathetic and lazy I know. Norwegian were excellent, can’t think of any reason at all not to use them out of Edinburgh on my next trip to Nordics next month.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls