Noisiest business hotels

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Anonymous

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Last night, I stayed in the Renaisssance O’Hare hotel for the 1st (and probably the last) time.
    My usual hotels in Rosemont & Des Plaines were full.

I have stayed in several of the hotels close to ORD without any real noise issues & obviously, I’m aware that a degree of noise is to be expected when staying in close proximity to a major airport.

My room (actually, a really nice suite) overlooked the 8 lane highway that is i90, so close that I felt I could lean out & touch the 1000’s of vehicles which thundered past my window day & night. Add to this, the bone rattling 24 hour CTA service which runs every 10 mins in the centre of the highway AND the fact that the hotel is directly overflown by aircraft landings approximately every 3 mins and you will find a very noisy hotel indeed.

This is not meat to be a moan or a whinge but more a warning to other travellers – bloody hell, this place is noisy in the extreme…..

esselle
    Participant

The hotel inside the new HIA has to be the worst. Most of the rooms face into the concourse, where non stop flight announcements are made, and audible within the room. When I say audible, you can discern every word, clear as day.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I recently stayed at the Marriott Lingfield. It was right under the flight path into LGW and aircraft flew over at just 1800′ according to FlightRadar24. I loved seeing where the planes had come from and watching the EK 380’s fly past giving a running commentary to Mrs. LP.

For some unknown reason she was less than impressed! šŸ˜‰

esselle
    Participant

LP

There seems a chance that your wife and mine are related………………..

NTarrant
    Participant

I’m surprised you had issues at HIA hotel Esselle, I stayed there recently on a day sleep(0600-1300) and my room faced the concourse but didn’t have any issues. Two of my colleagues have also stayed there and have said they thought it was quiet. Perhaps we have been lucky in room allocation.

LP – I can’t understand why your wife would not enjoy the planes!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I can’t understand it either Nigel! Esselle, they may well be. šŸ˜‰

esselle
    Participant

Maybe I have just been unlucky, but it’s been three out of three. I am there again this Thursday so let’s see.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

I tend to send photos to my wife, of me sitting in the sunshine enjoying a cold beer, somewhere like California or Florida. Much better of course, when it’s Winter in the UK.

She doesn’t seem to appreciate my efforts for some reason…..women eh?

canucklad
    Participant

So not airport noise, but , by far the worst Iā€™ve stayed in ā€¦would be the Holiday Inn Express in Newcastle City Centreā€¦ā€¦And to put it into musical termsā€¦..

Lionel Ritchieā€™s ā€œAll night Long ā€œ at no 1
    Nee Naw , Nee Naw , Nee Naw all night longā€¦as the ambulances roar up to the nearby hospital !!!
    I swear Geordies must be the most accident prone, unhealthy pocket of population anywhere in the UKā€¦ā€¦

At no 2 itā€™s The Clashes ā€œRock the Casbahā€
    The din of drunken revellers discharge out the nightclubs and bars, clearing the night air of its silent and peaceful intentionsā€¦..

And finally at no 3ā€¦.Anything by the globally famous local band from the 80ā€™sā€¦.
    Normally due to a bit too much of no 2, its not Nee Naw , more like Nahna-Nahna-Nahna as Newcastleā€™s finest race to the next Geordie Shore overspill. Normally centred around a screeching female wearing Ibiza gear in sub-zero conditionsā€¦.

A cacophony of sounds that one would stereotypically associate with ā€œThe Toonā€ā€¦..

dutchyankee
    Participant

Hyatt Regency inside Orlando Airport is awful, Embassy Suites at Orlando Airport very poor as doors open to the atrium and every noise is echoed, ParkInn Pulkovo at the terminal, single paned windows so no sound proofing at all, but very convenient during the winter when the weather makes traffic to the airport a real crap shoot.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls