No washbags on BA Club

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• NTarrant
    Participant

Thanks VK, never thought of that one. I don’t think that many others have either judging by the usage I have seen on flights. Of course not a problem in First with slippers.

Account_Deleted
    Participant

Account deleted

VintageKrug
    Participant

Quite right.

It does help when titles of threads are accurate, and this one is patently not.

For those unfamiliar, this is a (small) pic of what the latest iteration of the Club World Elemis washbag looks like:

http://www.v-flyer.com/photos/thumbnail.aspx?filename=3922.jpg&width=180&height=180

I think the bag is a nice touch, but perhaps it would be even better if you could pick and mix to fill it from a few bowls of (perhaps better quality) items as needed.

Of course, if these bowls were left unattended in the galley, they would be hoovered up by the baying masses such that nothing was left. So you would need to offer them as part of the trolley service, and probably still have to offer a small pouch to keep everything together.

Many people want to brush their teeth and go to sleep almost immediately after take off, whcih wouldn’t suit a trolley/galley bowl set up. There may also be issues with ensuring no-one has tampered with the products prior to your using them…..

It is probably just easier and less expensive to hand those that want one a sealed washbag as is the case now.

Which airlines offer a “choose from a bowl” approach?

DJ_London
    Participant

Well, I have had the pleasure of one of these Elemis wash bags and they are nothing special… The fabric looks and feels cheap, and the contents are very standard.

The best “Club” wash bag around has to be with Cathay Pacific. The Agnes B wash bag is both practical and attractive, the contents are a good size, suitable for a 12 hour flight and they are of superior quality…

BA are going downhill when it comes to in-flight service… Not just with their wash bags, but lazy, rude and arrogant crew…

I fly BA now because I have to not because I want to…

davidbell
    Participant

JAL offer a trolley service with items instead of a wash bag.

Hess963
    Participant

Regarding the subject which is better: inflight socks or slippers. I do vote definitely for slippers, after a recent event in a business class lav… what a disgrace ..!!! Blokes I will spare you with the details!! I wish our European airlines will consider to introduce slippers than socks as amenity in business and first class. There are far more useful in getting around the cabin. As most of us travellers have already socks on when we start our journey. There is actually no need for another pair of socks, isn’t it???

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls