No surprises here…

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• nevereconomy
    Participant

Was BA Gold for more than a dozen years, then Silver for many more. Couple more trips and will be Lifetime Gold. With timing of this years travel only made 560 points. Wrote my polite e-mail giving history and pointing out I have a trip booked just a couple of weeks after my year ends, asking if they would consider extending my Silver status. Very quick reply “No”
    It will be a pleasure, once I get Lifetime, to take my premium travel where it is appreciated.

Tasclean
    Participant

That’s the experience of many.. Reaching that lifetime level often coincides with a drop in travel, retirement etc, and what follows is a realisation there are a lot more fish in the sea for one’s (now discretionary) spend.

K1ngston
    Participant

Have to say its not a specific BA issue, I know of colleagues who have just missed the threshold for KFEG on SQ and they got the same response from SQ…

By the same token also not recognised by SQ for going to 200 tier points when its a 100 to maintain Gold, but thats another issue!!

canucklad
    Participant

Sadly nevereconomy, most big corporations can’t implement a common sense customer focussed decision because long ago they abdicated responsibility away …..

nevereconomy
    Participant

As an update, I did get renewed Silver status when the time came. Apparently in this case minion said no, but computer said yes!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls