No more spending a penny at the rail station

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• openfly
    Participant

Yes…good news but not for a year…why a year?? Why not from tomorrow? Just open the turnstiles….no that’s too easy.

Flightlevel
    Participant

The loos on the trains are free so if you’ve got to go just board a train leaving in 10+minutes!

capetonianm
    Participant

Not a good idea unless they invest more in cleaning the loos and keeping undesirables out.

Where will be funded from?

travelworld2
    Participant

I must confess I’d sooner pay for a clean loo than use a free dirty one, but at the moment we don’t get either at Network Rail stations….

Johnnyg
    Participant

The toilets in Victoria station have been free of charge for quite a while, the turnstiles are still there but are permanently open.

canucklad
    Participant

I actually can’t remember the last time I used the pay loos in a train station.

And I’m not sure about the legislation surrounding such stuff, but I could never understand how train stations make money out of food and drink outlets, tempting you to fill your bladder and belly, then have the cheek to charge you when you’ve been caught out.

And to be fair, I tend to leave the station and take advantage of much better /atmospheric hostelries close by. My top tip, if you’re visiting Edinburgh and have time before your train, leave the Waverley by the back entrance (Fruit Market Street) where you’ll find some traditional pubs on the doorstep of the Station (within 5 minute walk). Half way up Fleshmarket close is the excellent halfway House as well as the pub right next door—Authentic Auld reekie pubs!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls