No HEX from London Paddington December 24-29 inclusive

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

If you’re planning to travel from Paddington to Heathrow between Christmas and New year then beware that there will be no train service for much of the time.

Heathrow Express says it will not operate from Paddington between December 24 and December 29 inclusive. But the Heathrow terminal transfer service will operate.

The situation is even worse at Heathrow Connect which is the multi-stop but cheaper service option.

Heathrow Connect will not operate London-Heathrow from December 24 to December 31 inclusive.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Every major airport I can think of and quite a few minor ones operate a full public transport service to their airports 365/365, except LHR! I find it quite incredible these two services well not run.

I guess the only way to the airport from central London by public transport over the holiday period will be the good old Picadilly line?

GivingupBA
    Participant

Ready for a joke – some black humour?

If the Gatwick Express shut down for 6 days no-one would notice. Travellers would think it was just business as usual.

Just kidding.

MrMichael
    Participant

No public transport at all in London on Christmas day, although I do recall last year Transport for London being very chuffed that Boris Bikes would work Xmas day. Although I accept the bikes are a form of public transport, even with cabin baggage only a bit of a treck to LGW on one of those counfounded excuses for a push bike. I don’t actually recall ever seeing a boris bike stand at either LHR or LGW.

For me from SW London I seem to have a choice of driving or cab as I leave LGW on Xmas day. I think a cab will win the day, and I will book it well in adavance.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

I should have pointed out that these cancellations are a result of Crossrail works.

https://www.heathrowexpress.com/timetable-schedule/service-plans#1344

https://heathrowconnect.com/train-times/advance-service-alterations?eid=530

Paddington itself will be closed for much of this period. Great Western mainline trains will be running out of Ealing Broadway.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls