No. 1 top tip

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• HoundDog
    Participant

Having been told many many years ago by my driving instructor to look at the mirror every time I braked, accelerated or signalled etc…………I have adopted somewhat similar logic when travelling – everytime before security, after security, when taking or leaving my seat on a flight, when leaving a meeting, dinner or hotel room……….Passport, Wallet, Phone – everything else I can lose and survive, but these are essentials.

AzookiTravel
    Participant

Hello everyone,

If you are in Southeast Asia. Avoid these steps when riding TAXI:

Wrong:
    Enter taxi > tell where to go > sit back and relax

Correct;
    tell driver where to go > ask price – haggle fare price / ask for Meter Fare only > (when both parties agree) Enter the cab > sit back and relax

Hope this helps.

AzookiTravel
    Participant

Hello everyone,

If you are in Southeast Asia. Avoid these steps when riding TAXI:

Wrong:
    Enter taxi > tell where to go > sit back and relax

Correct;
    tell driver where to go > ask price – haggle fare price / ask for Meter Fare only > (when both parties agree) Enter the cab > sit back and relax

Hope this helps.

Raffles99
    Participant

Top tip – take it easy.

You’ve got your passport? That’s it, you’re fine.

Whatever else you lose / forget etc you can replace pretty quickly in most tourist destinations. So don’t fuss!

My wife went bonkers in Singapore in May because we’d (read I’d) forgot to pack something for our little boy. And we were staying in a hotel that was five minutes from the biggest shopping centre in the state! Item was replaced within fifteen minutes for under £5 ……

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls