No. 1 top tip

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

• Anonymous

icenspice
    Participant

Never ever put your passport and onward boarding pass in the seatback pocket.

ImissConcorde
    Participant

Oh dear! Did you make your connection?

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Also, never leave your expensive headphones in the little Club World drawer by your feet, on the BA flight from Gatwick to Tampa because, despite your headphone case having your business card inside with ALL your contact details…….no one from BA will call you to let you know they have been located and are safe.
    You can leave several messages on the BA ansaphone at TPA airport, but despite the assurance that “We will call you back as soon as we receive this message”
    They don’t….no matter how long you wait….

My fault entirely I accept.

PS. Thanks to the GGL ladies for shaking the tree for me.

esselle
    Participant

Never fly Club World

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Esselle….Whilst I appreciate your top tip….I can’t afford to fly 1st……

DontTurnRight
    Participant

The drawer in Club World by one’s feet is definitely to be avoided. One of my kids left an iPad there, though fortunately we realized once in the terminal and a kind person from BA went to find it.

MrMichael
    Participant

Never get on a Dark Blue (Desiro) train of the SouthWest company unless you have Chiropractor waiting for you at your destination. The 5 abreast seating is excruciating. Even SouthWest trains admit 59% of people do not fit in them if they bring their elbows with them!

As I know everyone loves a daily mail story….

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1368425/South-West-Trains-seats-small-complain-DO-one.html

Charles-P
    Participant

Never get out of a taxi at Cairo airport when your briefcase containing wallet, passport and ticket is still in the boot of the car. It was like a comedy film as I got out, turned to the back and the car drove away with a laughing, waving driver at the wheel. Took me eleven hours to sort out and if it had not been the kindness of a Swiss passenger who saw the whole thing and lent me some money and his phone I may well have still been there now !

canucklad
    Participant

I’ve also forgotten my passport in the seat pocket after diligently completing my HK landing card, early into the flight , thus allowing me time to enjoy the on board hospitality as we winged across Asia.
    Fortunately, I realised just as I entered the terminal. An about turn, resulted in the minor inconvenience of being stuck in the back of the excellently efficient HK immigration queue.

Which brings me to my top tip……….
    Ensuring you keep your Octopus card topped up. This allowed me to catch the local bus, by a kitten’s whisker. If I’d needed to divert to the 7/11 for a top up, it would have been a catastrophe…..
    A 30 minute delay for the next bus and beer in the plaza….talk about close shaves.

Substitute Oyster card if you wish ……

Irons80
    Participant

Well, I left my Tag watch in the drawer on a flight back from JFK (upstairs 62A) and the purser actually came and found me at the luggage carousel in T5 to return it to me… before I’d even realised it was missing.

slotski
    Participant

Always bring the credit card you booked your flight with to check-in.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Ever since I left a mobile on the tube, I have “programmed” myself, whenever I leave and airplane, tube, taxi etc, to turn around and look at the seat and surrounds for anything left…. it works well, unless I have had one too many!!!

Flightlevel
    Participant

Reference the above: the Club World drawer is for rubbish only, at best for headphones! Always keep passport,onward boarding pass,etc. in your shirt pocket,or locked in hand luggage!In HKG if you pass through 3 times a year for heaven’s sake get an id barcode on your passport & never queue!Never leave a cellphone on or near your seat they fall into the mechanism easily.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Never think your rubbish bag (with all your goodies) is safe on an indian train….they know your flash upmarket bag has nothing in it…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls