No 1 Lounges – any experience?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

PaulJennings
    Participant

I’m flying with Aer Lingus from Gatwick in a couple of weeks. Has anyone used the no 1 lounge there?

PatJordan
    Participant

My wife and I used this lounge last November and have mixed views.

First impressions are of a sumptous lounge, and seating is excellent. There was a very poor range of newspapers and magazines and an equally poor range of nibbles and soft drinks.

Alcoholic drinks are ordered from bar staff who appear to give preference to those ordering drinks from the premium (for purchase) list.

Food is available to order (complimentary). We had pizzas which were ok.

The Aer Lingus stand is visible from the lounge which gives an indication of when to leave for boarding. As our aircraft touched down, I asked for a last glass of wine. Staff were very reluctant to oblige because they were adhering to the boarding information on the screens (which didn’t take into account our delayed flight).

Overall a reasonable lounge but not a patch on the servisair lonunge previously used.

gmartin
    Participant

Lovely lounge. Great views of runway.

Food and drink is not self-service.

Have had mixed experience with staff – can be very professional and attentive but on other visits they offered one drink, no food and just chatted and laughed loudly with each other.

Still, much nicer than any Gold Circle lounge!!

We’ve just published a review of the No.1 Traveller transfer and lounge service at London Gatwick – this can be read at:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/tried-and-tested/lounges/lounge-and-chauffeur-check-no.1-traveller

MartynSinclair
    Participant

The tomato and basil soup being served in the Gatwick South No1 lounge is simply superb. The cake offerings looked divine, but I was not tempted as others will no doubt be.

Still very impressed by this lounge.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls