Nickle’d & Dime’d – Marriott

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

The Crowne Plaza in Antwerp had a different take on ‘free’.

Limited upload/download allowance and then you got cut off and had to pay.

RHMAngel
    Participant

@ViajeroUK

I liked your argument it’s the same rattled off to a colleague & I in Washington DC. He was more robust than me, and countered something similar, plumbing and pipes cost $$ to install too … his persevere ce was the $25 24 hour wifi fee wavered.

And I didn’t know IHG cardholders got free wifi in rooms (free in public areas only). Thanks !

Having just stayed on business in Beijing, I had the opposite experience: free Internet in your room with cables provided but you needed your own laptop… but charged for wifi in your room … hotel chains are getting there !! but it remains inconsistent the world over with the big names for business hotels the worst culprits.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Here I am a week later in what many would consider a wee backwater hotel in Motherwell, free wifi at reception – and in my room which is costing me a mere £60.00 for tonight.

I already like it better than Dalmahoy – even though they are only serving breakfast till 09:30!!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Hi Martyn, just seen your post. I prefer / need wifi as I only travel with my iPad.

Also infuriates me when the access charge only covers one device.

pdwtrip
    Participant

You should try the New Otani chain in Tokyo – not only a high daily charge; but also they charge for each individualm device – so staying with my wife we had a charge one day for 2 x mobile phones and 2 x laptops – really no excuse.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls