Nice touch BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• FDOS
    Participant

My wife and I flew from LCY to FLR on Sunday afternoon, on an eJet.

The flight was good left exactly on time and arrived early – this being Citiflyer, there was a decent roll/sandwich included in the fare and a glass of wine, too.

After the service had concluded, the two crew came down to our row and gave my wife a very nice card recognising her 20 years as a BAEC member and brought both of us a glass of fizz – it was done sincerely and with a lot of class. Given that she once gained the lofty heights of bronze and has been a blue card holder for most of the 20 years, it was a very nice touch.

However, I passed twenty years in April and have flown 5 BA sectors since, without a word, despite holding a gold card and silver card for most of those years.

Now this doesn’t actually worry me at all, as it is only a computer generated recognition message, based on a date driven algorithm and at the end of the day, it means very little to me – but just another example of how BA manages to be consistently inconsistent.

As I’ll be flying on LH next week, I’m not expecting much at all.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Long haul, a reader sent me a picture of the card they found on their seat as they boarded…

(It had their name on it…. so was personal, up to a point)

Welcome-onboard-GGL

1 user thanked author for this post.

Montysaurus
    Participant

I’ve been a Silver member continuously for 27years. I got a leather bag tag at 10 years and hee-haw at 20 and 25. Can’t say I’m terribly bothered but small touches like the above make a good impression, cost little but generate goodwill.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

CX were good at these small touches pre pandemic. I remember getting a birthday card and bottle of fiz when I flew on my birthday a few years ago.

Interestingly, Air Malta cabin crew have recently passed personal messages from customer relations – nice touch, instead of a emails.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

On a return flight to Singapore several years ago, having completed the university run for one of my daughters , not only were we upgraded to Business, but once we were established in the cruise the Cabin Services Manager appeared with a giant card signed by all the crew as I had passed the 2.5 milion miles mark. No doubt some people thought I was royalty !!- A nice, in fact, a lovely touch from CX.

lostantipod
    Participant

Hit 20 yearsof continuous Silver/Gold this year…. will be interesting as I have 2 flights coming up ….yes its a nice touch when you get some recognition. I wont hold my breath.

evelyn
    Participant

In approx 2019, when travelling on my birthday, I was brought a card signed by the pilots and crew.
    A nice touch

wingcommander
    Participant

I’ve just had the same experience. Flying GLA-LHR-MIA with BA, in PE with Mrs WingCo CSD on the long haul sector appeared from the front with two glasses of fizz and snacks. Same message; 20 years etc. very nicely done.

DanDare1975
    Participant

This is an interesting thread for me because my BAEC membership just turned 30. I’m flying quite regularly with them at the moment, although sadly only short haul in economy so after a few years of only really needing to fly on routes that BA don’t operate, my status is only Blue, rather than the Bronze, Silver and Gold it has been at various times in the past. It will be nice to see if they do anything.

I was gifted an upgrade from World Traveller Plus to Club World by them once on my Birthday, that was back in 2003. It’s true what other posters say, it’s rarely that costly to mark these occasions in the ways talked about on this thread, but it’s good customer service and makes a brand stand out.

David
    Participant

Back in the 90’s as BA manager Botswana, we did personalised letters for each First Class and Club World passenger, confirming captain and crew operating, their seat no, ETA and weather! I was also very proud of personalised letters we gave to incoming passengers (via the crew before disembarkation) whose bags were not on board confirming when and how their bags were due and whom to contact on the ground. Sometimes simple works!

3 users thanked author for this post.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

As has been said many times Customer Service isn´t difficult and costs nothing. That said it has to be ingrained as part of the company culture and that is driven by the CEO and his team. If they don´t value customer service the brand is fighting a losing battle-

ViajeroUK
    Participant

Not only BA, but KLM

My wife and I returned from a leisure trip from Milan to UK end of March with KLM via Amsterdam. The Purser introduced herself and said that she and her crew would also be operating our onward flight AMS to BHX, the couple in front of us in Row 1 were also on the same routing.

Efficient and friendly KLM crew, even had time for a chat prior to landing. Boarding at AMS was delayed slightly, then Sky Priority Zone 1 only, Business Class, quite often Zone 1 and 2 are combined but, not for the first time, Business and other Sky Priority pax were separated. Greeted by ‘our’ Purser at the aircraft, then surprised to find personalised greetings card and some chocolates waiting for us, and our new friends in Row 1, at our seats. A very nice surprise that the cabin crew had initiated and found time to do for us which left a warm feeling inside.

As others have mentioned it is often the little things that can make the difference

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls