Nice PR gaffe by BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

canucklad
    Participant

Not for the first time, have they alienated the 3 other nations within our union . You’d think they’d learn .
    Crossing topics, forget long haul routes from the provinces , when you can unite the folks within England by a patriotic nationalistic comment –Job done – cheap advertising, and almost Trumpesque in its execution — My tongue is definitely firmly still in my cheeks

2 users thanked author for this post.

transtraxman
    Participant

While BA is renowned for ignoring the outer reaches of Great Britain, at least it does fly into Scotland and as the bbc said:”While BA does not fly from Wales, it employs about 900 maintenance and engineering staff at three sites in South Wales.” It would be ok to support the Barbarians and the Lions, but it is not ok to come down on the side of one of the home nations. A very big blunder, typical of those who are blinkered southerners.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

My tongue is definitely firmly still in my cheeks

Impressive bit of contortion, cannucklad!! 🙂

LondonAndy70
    Participant

I get what you’re saying, but they are partner to the England rugby team, not the Welsh…..
    https://www.britishairways.com/en-us/information/about-ba/sponsorship/england-rugby

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Cover of November 2020 - January 2021 edition of Business Traveller
Cover of November 2020 - January 2021 edition of Business Traveller
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls