NHS ‘Vaccine Passport’

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 109 total)

• rferguson
    Participant

[quote quote=1104779]I have read this a couple of times, and I am still shaking my head in disbelief

European holidays could be off limits to 5m Britons given Indian-made AstraZeneca jab

The jab, authorised in the UK in February, is not yet approved in Europe or recognised under EU’s new vaccine passport scheme.

“….The EU Digital Covid Certificate, which launched on Thursday, is designed to allow Covid-secure travel across the continent but does not recognise a version of the AstraZeneca vaccine called Covishield, produced by the Serum Institute of India (SII), because it is yet to receive approval in Europe.”

“Up to five million doses of this version of the vaccine have been administered in the UK and are identifiable by the vaccine batch numbers (4120Z001, 4120Z002, 4120Z003) included on recipients’ vaccine cards and in the Covid travel pass available via the NHS app.”

My second jab is from one of these vaccine batch numbers…

Let’s hope this is sorted out…[/quote]

Not looking great Tom.

Malta has confirmed it will NOT accept the India batch numbers as proof of vaccination.

‘In addition to the above, Malta’s Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Health, has confirmed that the AstraZeneca vaccine from the batch numbers: 4120Z001, 4120Z002 and 412Z003, also known as Covishield, will not be an accepted proof of vaccination for entry to Malta. He said that this is in line with the European Medicines Agency (EMA) advice which Malta’s Ministry of Health adheres to, adding that guidance will be revised periodically in line with the EMA.’

https://www.visitmalta.com/en/info/new-covid-19-updates/

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Would be interested to know which vaccines are acceptable for entry into the UK.

My grand-daughter would like to visit but is currently a Russian resident and has had a double vaccination of “sputnik” …. this, it seems, is not acceptable.

Can we soon have better updates on vaccine acceptability ?

This is not just a problem with UK entry but equally for us who might wish to visit her…. what vaccines given here are acceptable for travel to Russia or Sweden – all seems at present to be a total mess.

rferguson
    Participant

Malta is doing more back flips than an Olympic gymnastics competitor.

First it was the NHS COVID APP – yes we will accept it as proof of vaccination, no we won’t, yes we will.

Then it was the Indian manufactured batches of AZ – Yes we will accept, no we won’t.

Grant Schnapps has just posted on Twitter:
    “UPDATE: The #Maltese authorities have amended their travel advice so anyone who has an OXFORD AstraZeneca vaccine in the UK (regardless of manufacture location) is able to travel without being turned away – with all vaccines having gone through rigorous safety and quality checks.”

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

True, although I’m happy that the backflips seem to be going in the direction of recognising the Indian AZ vaccine as being valid.
    As for the rest of today’s travel news…. oh dear, again.

miningguy
    Participant

I’m due to fly back into the UK (Manchester) on Wednesday night two days after Freedom Day. Has anyone yet had an experience of arriving the UK now that many restrictions are lifted? I’ve just completed the PLF with the new requirements for vaccinated people….I can see many people not experienced with travel really tripping up on the steps here. I wonder if this will result in significant queues.

christ
    Participant

Hi – I was wondering if anyone managed to get their middle name added onto the vaccine certificate on the NHS app? When I look at the app, the log in details show my full name – however the certificate omits my middle name. I am meant to be going to HK shortly on an employment visa (most likely via Dubai rather than direct as no one can tell me for sure if it is ok to go direct from UK as a non HK – resident to activate an employment visa (Cathay website implies it is). However, now I am more worried re my NHS vaccine.

Thanks for any help.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

An update, particularly for any others like me, who were vaccinated outside of the UK.

My GP uploaded the vaccination info to the NHS App some weeks ago but it is still not showing on the COVID Pass. NHS advise that they are working on this and hope to have a solution ‘soon’. But is is now essentially a technical issue rather than a medical one so hopefully can be resolved sooner rather than later.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

It’s worked well for me when travelling, both through airports and abroad when checking into hotels, but of course, if it crashes it’s a good idea to have a paper version of your documents…

U.K.’s Covid Pass App Fails, Spoiling Some Outbound Trips

1 user thanked author for this post.

K1ngston
    Participant

Just some advice when asked by BA to upload all your travel documentation into the app as its now “mandatory” I spent a good hour doing so last week before my flight back to Singapore and then when I arrived at the airport I had to produce all the documentation again for the check in staff!
    I had plenty of time and complied but seems somewhat superfluous to have to upload and then go through it all again manually!
    Moral of the story keep all documentation close and up to date!

ASK1945
    Participant

[postquote quote=1113539]

I was also asked to provide the information on both my recent outbound and inbound BA flights. I told the bag-drop persons to look at their computers – and on both occasions they said “Oh yes, of course – the information is there already”.

I think this is a training issue (or laziness), not an IT one.

Chris in Makati
    Participant

[postquote quote=1113539]

I had a similar experience on recent trips to Palma. On the outbound flight from LHR we uploaded all the documentation as requested and went straight to the boarding gate with our digital boarding passes. On the return trip, the system said we couldn’t check-in online and told us we have to check in at the airport. There was a long queue at the check-in desk at PMI (well over 30 minutes) while they checked the documentation of every passenger.

On a subsequent trip to Palma BA suggested we use Verifly, which we did, and it seemed to work well.

On another trip a few days ago with Ryanair they asked for all documentation to be uploaded. The digital boarding pass was endorsed “COVID DOCUMENTATION UPLOADED” and had a little green symbol next to it. But when we got to the boarding gate they wanted to see it all again. I asked what was the point of uploading it if we had to show it again later. They gate agent said “We have no access to the documentation that passengers upload online”.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

On another trip a few days ago with Ryanair they asked for all documentation to be uploaded. The digital boarding pass was endorsed “COVID DOCUMENTATION UPLOADED” and had a little green symbol next to it. But when we got to the boarding gate they wanted to see it all again. I asked what was the point of uploading it if we had to show it again later. They gate agent said “We have no access to the documentation that passengers upload online”.

For all my 4 trips so far this year, I chose to travel with both a plastic wallet with a paper file and digital certificates on my phone. On all occasions, when asked for the paper work, I offered ‘paper or digital’ I was asked for paper – so much easier, as long as you have it ready, in order and accessible without fumbling around.

At least with BA, if the paperwork is needed, it is requested once at check in. Why do some airlines check the paper work at both check in and boarding gate?

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Clearly the idea of “joined up” is something the airlines, the airport staff and the government have not heard of…. no wonder they still charge ridiculous amounts for simple tests that should be almost free… all those staff that don’t onow how to talk with each other need salaries to keep them in their many duplicated jobs….

1 user thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

When I was travelling in Germany, showing the NHS pass was sufficient for me to gain entrance to hotels and restaurants.

In The Netherlands, however, this does not appear to be the case

The Netherlands website says

CoronaCheck app as a COVID-19 entry pass

Since the social distancing rule of 1.5 metres no longer applies entry requirements for places where it tends to get busier have changed. You need a COVID-19 entry pass to cafes, restaurants, bars, nightclubs and indoor events. This pass is proof of a negative test result, vaccination or recovery. …

Please note, that the NHS Covid Pass is not yet linked to the EU DCC. This means that the QR-Code of the NHS Covid Pass cannot be scanned for entry. Therefore, even fully vaccinated visitors need to get tested to access indoor venues such as restaurants, cinemas and theatres. Proof of a negative test result is valid for 24 hours.

https://www.holland.com/global/tourism/information/covid-desk.htm

To visit Holland from the UK, a negative antigen test is needed.

This then ‘lasts’ 24 hours, so I could visit a restaurant that same day. And then, thereafter, every 24 hours you need to get another antigen test with a QR code so you can enter “cafes, restaurants, bars, nightclubs and indoor events”

Although it has been reported that these technical problems which are preventing the NHS app being linked to the EU Digital Covid Certificate (EU DCC) scheme will soon be solved, as yet, they don’t seem to have been yet.

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2021/oct/13/eu-says-it-will-recognise-nhs-covid-pass-soon

ASK1945
    Participant

Like many on this forum (I guess) I have now had my booster (Pfizer) jab – to supplement the initial two Astra-Zeneca ones, the last of which was more than six months ago.

I have seen reported in the media that some countries are considering now declining the NHS Covid Passports which show that the second jab was more than six months ago. “Not a problem” you say – you have had a third vaccination.

However, there is no sign of this booster on the NHS App, nor in my medical record. The ‘flu vaccination, given at the same time is recorded on my record. I contacted my GP practice who advised me that it will take up to three weeks for the Covid booster to appear in my record and that they don’t know of any plans for it to appear as part of the NHS App Vaccine Pass.

Does anyone (UK based) know anything further?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 109 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls