NHS ‘Vaccine Passport’

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 109 total)

• DavidSmith2
    Participant

Just to update my previous post. I sent my Ghana vaccine certificate to my GP, together with the NHS advice. They have now uploaded the results to my NHS app. It is not integrated with the ‘Check your COVID-19 vaccine record’ but it is included in the GP Health record, under vaccinations. Not sure if that will be relevant in due course, but at least it is now registered.

1 user thanked author for this post.

miningguy
    Participant

David, I ended up getting vaccinated in MIA (J&J single shot) have done the same with my GP and I am eagerly awaiting their response. I did however notice on the app this morning that there is now the option to apply for a “COVID Pass”….I think you might now need to do that – see below.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/demonstrating-your-covid-19-status#nhs-covid-pass-what-it-is

DavidSmith2
    Participant

[postquote quote=1103278]

The COVID pass is on the NHS App. However it only shows if your vaccination was done in England (so not even if you were vaccinated in Wales). Essentially it is a ‘secure’ area of your medical record that you can share with others, rather than showing your full medical history.

But if you were vaccinated outside of England, you can still show them your vaccine record, just not through the COVID Pass section of the App (for now anyway).

I have printed off the relevant page from my NHS App. although for now I doubt I’ll need it until or unless they allow vaccinated people in without isolation later in the summer.

ASK1945
    Participant

I couldn’t find another recent thread into which report this news.

The Jerusalem Post (newspaper) has just announced that the Israeli government has postponed the relaxation of entry for tourists until August. Vaccinated tourists were originally supposed to be allowed into the country starting on July 1. The government blames the the fact that, in recent days, the country has been hit by the Delta Covid variant, causing an increase in infections in some cities.

So, that is another “Green List” country choice gone.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I have read this a couple of times, and I am still shaking my head in disbelief

European holidays could be off limits to 5m Britons given Indian-made AstraZeneca jab

The jab, authorised in the UK in February, is not yet approved in Europe or recognised under EU’s new vaccine passport scheme.

“….The EU Digital Covid Certificate, which launched on Thursday, is designed to allow Covid-secure travel across the continent but does not recognise a version of the AstraZeneca vaccine called Covishield, produced by the Serum Institute of India (SII), because it is yet to receive approval in Europe.”

“Up to five million doses of this version of the vaccine have been administered in the UK and are identifiable by the vaccine batch numbers (4120Z001, 4120Z002, 4120Z003) included on recipients’ vaccine cards and in the Covid travel pass available via the NHS app.”

My second jab is from one of these vaccine batch numbers…

Let’s hope this is sorted out…

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Tom, I share your concern. Although I have to say I was equally astonished by this quote in that article:

“That vaccine passports would be a thing is entirely predictable, so our Government should have made sure any they purchased would be recognised for travel everywhere”

Sadly it appears that the vaccine does not protect its recipients from stupidity…

RoyJones
    Participant

That vaccine passports would be a thing is entirely predictable, so our Government should have made sure any they purchased would be recognised for travel everywhere”

Really!! If the UK government waited for that we woulkd be in the same mess (or worse) that the EU is in today with less than 50% first dose vaccinated. Incidentally the US government hasn’t approved any vaccines yet, just given an exemption to Pfizer, J&J and Moderna.

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=1104779]Let’s hope this is sorted out[/quote]

Indeed !! I’ve been fully vaccinated with the AZ jab, and although this news is alarming it shouldn’t come as too much as a surprise .
    I fear political shenanigans going on here and after checking the Gov.UK advice on Maltese requirements there is no mention of the anti AZ protocols.
    And although on the Red list of countries the Malta site also doesn’t make mention of the anti AZ policy. I wonder and worry if the smaller countries within the EU will be brow beaten into a change of policy ?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

U.K. and EU Try to Ease Travel Fears Over India’s Astra Vaccine

““I see no reason at all why the MHRA-approved vaccines should not be recognized as part of the vaccine passports,” Johnson said Friday, referring to the U.K. medicines regulator. “I am very confident that that will not prove to be a problem.”

ViajeroUK
    Participant

[postquote quote=1104851]

Isn’t the last line of Johnson’s statement more or less the same as his comments about the Irish sea border?

3 users thanked author for this post.

nevereconomy
    Participant

I have an older Windows phone, so no Apps, but I went online to NHS site and with some manoeuvring created an account and printed my vaccine passport which has all details of my vaccines and a QR code. Only took a few minutes.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Yes, it’s very efficient.

I will be using my NHS ‘passport’ this weekend since I need to ‘prove’ my vaccinated status to access the England v Pakistan ODI

https://www.lords.org/lords/news-stories/lord-s-at-full-capacity-for-england-v-pakistan

“The fixture falls before the planned relaxation of Government restrictions on 19 July and MCC has been working closely with ECB, DCMS, Public Health England and Westminster City Council on obtaining the green light to allow more supporters into the Home of Cricket for this match.

The Government’s science-led Events Research Programme is conducting scientific research studies at all events to gather the evidence that will inform how crowds can be returned to live events as safely as possible. The results of studies will be used to help shape policy and future guidelines.

Strict entry requirements are in place including proof of testing, or proof of vaccination in order to allow these trials to take place safely. All attendees have been informed that the event they are attending is a research event and that it is different to other events allowed at step 3 of the roadmap.”

ASK1945
    Participant

Tom, didn’t you mean England “A” -v- Pakistan ?

The first team are all isolated at their homes for 10 days – at least giving them time to get their Vaccine Passports.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

You are right – but it will be an exciting match and I don’t know half of the England squad so a great opportunity for them to shine (for their careers – not me!)

ASK1945
    Participant

Seems (at the moment) that your wish has been fulfilled !

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 109 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls