NHS ‘Vaccine Passport’

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 109 total)

• ASK1945
    Participant

[postquote quote=1100028]

I know that there have been several update messages since you posted this one 5 days’ ago (thank you).

As Tom wrote two days’ ago, the NHS App now produces a QR code as a “vaccination passport” together with a dowloadable PDF with all the relevant information..

But a word of warning to those on the Forum who are UK based and are linked to their GP practice via EMIS. The latter will go offline for several hours whilst the NHS updates the information from it into the Covid vaccination section. My wife and I both tried to get into EMIS yestarday for prescription purposes and were greeted with a message that access to the GP’s online services were unavailable. It wasn’t urgent and we left it for a few hours. Later in the day, all the access was restored, but the design was different (and improved!).

3 users thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

My only issue with the NHS vaccine passport data is my name has been presented with one of my 2 middle names missing, whereas in the MY GP app, both my middle names are been included. Not a major issue today, but I can imagine strict enforcement of document checking in some countries (and Ryan), will red flag me if the name on the vaccine passport does not match exactly to the name presented in my passport…

I have delivered to my surgery a copy of passport and driving license hoping this can be corrected.

Once again, well done NHS and all vaccinators and support staff here in the UK for the amazing job they all are doing…quite astonishing….

anyonebutba
    Participant

apologies GivingupBA, yes I meant 119, its option 1, then 2, then 3 to order your vaccination certificate, its worth noting that on the APP, the certificate is valid for 30 days only, you then have to get a new QR code for future travels. apologies again for the TYPO. 🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.

anyonebutba
    Participant

Inside the NHS app on the vaccine page there is a link to report any missing information. in general the vaccine record with show First and last names only, however there is no harm is asking, alternatively you can call 119 option 1, then 2, then 3 to report this, again its unlikely to show on you vaccine QR code on the app, in this instance it may be worth calling the same number/options and ordering a paper copy which shows the full name. Happy travels

anyonebutba
    Participant

Hi there,

Just to clarify for you, the QR code and validity of the APP certificate is 1 month. after this expires you will have the option to download a new QR code with expiry again 1 month later , hope this helps.

ASK1945
    Participant

[postquote quote=1100620]

anyonebutba – thank you for this information: we (and I suspect a lot of others) had not noticed the expiry date on the certificates we received. I have checked the NHS website information and the BBC – and neither mention this.

I wonder why there is such a short expiry date for the certificate? The government is talking about another booster jab in the Autumn, not the end of June.

2 users thanked author for this post.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

We have just had our second jabs in Ghana. I have a piece of folded card to prove to anyone that I am vaccinated. There is an Africa Union app in development but I am not holding my breath. I am emailing my GP in the UK in case they can advise and will report back. But for now, I think it will all depend on whether people trust my piece of folded card.

ASK1945
    Participant

DavidSmith2 wrote: ” …………………But for now, I think it will all depend on whether people trust my piece of folded card”.

Here in the UK we have all been given small cards showing our vaccination date and type on the day(s) of our jabs. We have been told by the government that they are too easy to forge, so won’t be acceptable internationally.

And, we know that people volunteering in vaccination centres have easy access to blank cards, anyway.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=1100642]Here in the UK we have all been given small cards showing our vaccination date and type on the day(s) of our jabs. We have been told by the government that they are too easy to forge, so won’t be acceptable internationally.

And, we know that people volunteering in vaccination centres have easy access to blank cards, anyway.[/quote]

Some countries appear very desperate to welcome UK tourists, even with a hand written piece of card.

Greece will accept NHS paper card as proof of vaccination

(as of 27th April 2021)

ASK1945
    Participant

“Some countries appear very desperate to welcome UK tourists, even with a hand written piece of card. Greece will accept NHS paper card as proof of vaccination”.

Martyn ……………………. we’ll see. Don’t bet on this.

Montysaurus
    Participant

We haven’t all been given these cards. No one in Scotland got any record of vaccination but we can now from today get one online.[postquote quote=1100642]

ASK1945
    Participant

Yesterday I wrote:

“anyonebutba – thank you for this information: we (and I suspect a lot of others) had not noticed the expiry date on the certificates we received. I have checked the NHS website information and the BBC – and neither mention this.

I wonder why there is such a short expiry date for the certificate? The government is talking about another booster jab in the Autumn, not the end of June.”

On another forum someone has pointed out that the current certificate shows:

Name:
    Date of birth:
    Expiration date:

in that order. They suggested that this is a perverse way of the government showing confidence in the vaccine !!! Personally I had hoped to live longer than one month.

2 users thanked author for this post.

handbag
    Participant

My husband and I both had 2nd jab yesterday and today we were both able to get the qr code for both jabs.

MarcusGB
    Participant

Interesting to see how many ideas are around, and what will formulate an international recognition for travel.

I was looking through KLM’s Website, who use “TravelDoc” to check your destination’s current requirements for booking with them.
    As a Platinum Skyteam member, I would mostly transit AMS, or AF via CDG.

However, I found this written into the Netherlands requirements for entry, that NHS certifications will NOT be recognised for travel to the Netherlands!

“Negative test results issued by the National Health Service (NHS) in the United Kingdom are not accepted for travel to the Netherlands.”

https://klm.traveldoc.aero/results

This is not a good start for us in the UK if these sort of requirements are being set, by discounting the NHS, even if you were to gamble on getting negative test results within 72 hours from the NHS!”!!!
    Certainly the small NHS Card will not be accepted, but ?? the validity of the NHS Certification of vaccinations may not be either,
    This as others have mentioned, is only just being requested as of May 17th, and how it will appear in 8 working days time?
    Perhaps when someone receives theirs, they could share its format for others on here?

This may interest some of you in terms of admissions to Hospitals, but also perhaps by attending clinics to get a PCR test. processes, timings, prior to travel in the future, as it works now.

I had to have a PCR test for admission to the Private London Bridge Hospital Sept 20. Many Hospitals ask you to take this 1-2 days before, but they processed on site,morning on day of admission, in their own lab. This is a “Covid Free Hospital”. It was also assisting the NHS for Guys, as a catch up for the NHS, and theatre space for urgent NHS surgery. This is common in The Private Healthcare sector as of today, but on short term Contracts…

With a secured entrance, entry by masks changed + disposed of, given a new one on entering the Hospital, hand washing gel and monitoring, all under the Supervision of a registered Nurse, / Staff Nurse +, reception to check you have a booking.
    From there you are taken by a staff member to an “orange Zone / floor” there, and a normal inpatient room, until your test result is returned.
    Mine took 4 hours, but they can take 3-5 hrs when taken on site, with a dedicated Lab and people.
    I waited then when cleared, was taken to my Ward and room there.

I presume if it is possible to have a Private test at a Hospital or one of their dedicated clinics, you would leave after the test and receive the test results in some form within a few hours.
    For travel, Paperwork will be essential, in terms of vaccinations and previous tests that can all be held together. Just as I would for all travel, have paper copies of bookings etc, to be presented overseas, as a back up to anything held electronically.

Whatever you may or may not have in an app, I have doubts about this all being held and accepted in destinations outside of Europe.
    However, if what is stated in The Netherlands about the “NHS Certifications NOT being accepted”, whether this be in terms of Vaccinations or tests, it is going to add much difficulty.

Interested what others views are on The Forum, and information others may have, or travel experiences when we get moving again.

We certainly need to think very carefully, as per current regulations stand in many countries varies, is ever changing, and transferring to another country and Airline Hub, what their requirements will be? It will mean a more complex process complying to a 3rd Country, and any ongoing changes.
    It may also mean, having a good back up plan, should circumstances change, with another Country’s Regulations on Isolation.
    Flights for Business or Leisure, may well have to be booked with much shorter notice then we did before Covid.

How would you feel about your Loyalty to Airlines , and crossing through their hubs for longer haul travel in the future?

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

The NHS tests are advised not to be used for Travel to any country. They have to be taken privately, by one of heaps of companies charging a small fortune (bit of a cartel going on). Lots of overseas countries are taking this position (probably desired by UK government not to take “public” testing capacity away). so not really an issue – as UK government says explicitly not to use NHS testing for travel purposes.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 109 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls