Next BT FFP meeting – BA open day LHR 3rd Sep

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

• NTarrant
    Participant

Thanks Rob, that would be great, just let me know what time at the station.

KeaneJohn
    Participant

I am really looking forward to meeting everybody. I note its on from 10am to 4pm and am aiming to get there around 10am as will be coming from friends house in Uxbridge.

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

The Green Man would be the ideal place to meet up beforehand too but it only opens at 12pm

http://www.pub-explorer.com/gtlondon/pub/greenmanfeltham.htm

so anyone wanting to make the most of the event and in the area for 10 would lose out, pity you can’t be readmitted.

How about The Green Man for 12pm, then in turn that group could meet up with the early birds like KeaneJohn and me somewhere at the event say for 12.30 or 1pm? Then back to the Green Man for say 4.30pm for anyone not attending the event?

60 parking spaces at The Green Man but these could well be taken long before opening time! (Or meet up with Potakas, he’s got a spare Oyster of mine!)

robsmith100
    Participant

Jim – this sounds a good idea.

Nigel – I have emailed Potakas to forward you my number and email. I am not sure what time yet, but I too would like to get in early if possible.

NTarrant
    Participant

No problem Rob, will wait to hear from Potakas

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Just to bump the thread (while helping to shove the unmasking of VK out of the charts) – look forward to the event and another gathering of the clans at the Home of Aviation Forum Posting! Like the Maho Beach Resort SXM, The Green Man attracts the extremes of opinions over its proximity to 27L. Ever hopeful for easterly wind, yet to see a 380 emerging from behind those trees across the road from the front beer garden! Or second best, landing on 27L

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=the+green+man+heathrow > Images

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Another bump at just 6 days to go. The programme was emailed out this morning.

How about the early birds meet up with the 12pm Green Man group at 12.30 – 1pm, at the refreshments area at the top right of the site map – beside what looks like an A380? The other refreshment areas seem to be in 2 adjacent parts so this one should avoid any confusion. Look for the copies of BT magazine as ever!

Assume the 380 will be from QF or Airbus?

KeaneJohn
    Participant

Thank for you for this. I was trying to find this thread when I got the email this morning.

Looking like a pretty full day.

JordanD
    Participant

Jim, as previously mentioned, I’m sadly not able to attend: what’s the programme like for the day?

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

The programme looks good, with static aircraft displays including an A380, and a large number of stands – the various parts of BA and its engineering etc partners such as RR.

We’ll do a Tried & Tested for you!

NTarrant
    Participant

Does that include Alexandra Burke?

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Folks,

Thought I’d do a Jimbo and bump the thread again.

Can’t make the BA stuff but hope to see you in the Green Man (and hopefully WITHOUT the Green Man, if some of you know what I mean) on Saturday around half five.

Jim suggested to me that he changed his handle to VintageBunnahabhain. Bloody easy for you to say, I replied.

See y’all on Sat. Enjoy the tour.

Simon

PS Vintage Bells would be easier, but I don’t think Jim would wear that, somehow!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

So sad i will miss this 🙁 only i will be in Ibiza with the girls ..yay!!

How often do you all meet up? xxx

JordanD
    Participant

BeckyBoop – We meet up on an regularly irregular basis; before this our last ‘Meet’ was at the BA Museum at the end of May. No doubt there will be one before Christmas for you to join.

SimonRowberry, Jim & the regulars – sorry I can’t be there tomorrow. Hope it is a cracker … photos would be good. Although if you see G-BUSJ, kick it. Tin can piece of rubbish doesn’t deserve the BA colours. Glad it’s being sent to the scrapper.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

JordanD i cant wait till the next one and hun how did you make my name in bold? xxxx

take lots of piccys xxx

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls