“New York Jets NFL team ship 350 toilet rolls to London”

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

• Anonymous

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I read this article on the BBC website and it made me wonder what items, if any, we do not sufficiently trust when travelling, so take our own. Does anyone also pack their own toilet paper…?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-34430305

I used to take snack bars and some food items, but now things are so readily available in most countries I travel to, that there is not really a need.

TominScotland
    Participant

Along with many others I suspect, Martyn – tea bags. I don’t particularly like Lipton’s Yellow Label which you seem to find everywhere. And, anyway, hotels never provide enough for my needs!!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I take a small packet of Darjeeling Green Tea with me. It takes no space and weighs 10 gms but is infinitely better than the green tea bags they leave you in the room.

BigDog.
    Participant

A decent bar of soap – the piddling single use ones are both useless as well as highly wasteful.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Perhaps the jets saw this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c1x4JZnjSc

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Miso soup – cheaper than room service, and fewer calories.

MrMichael
    Participant

Marmite.

icenspice
    Participant

Fly spray

TheRealBabushka
    Participant

Tea, herbal tea and biscuits!

DanielRawson
    Participant

Not necessarily a trust issue however I’ve a think about travel plugs and phone chargers. I literally take about 10 travel plugs and 3 phone chargers as I’m scared to be without them. Wife wants me certified.

canucklad
    Participant

Scotland’s other national drink……made from girders, and the best hangover cure ever !!
    although, as Martyn has already mentioned, becoming more widely available !

MrMichael
    Participant

Canucklad….horrible stuff….tastes like cheap bubblegum….prefer the hangover!

icenspice
    Participant

What’s the name of this Scotch?

MrMichael
    Participant

I think Canucklad, and most certainly I, was referring to Irn-Bru.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls