New York Hotels

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Anonymous

Bullfrog
    Participant

I’ve always enjoyed staying at The Greenwich Hotel New York. Lovely pool, unpretentious & subtle. It may be a boutique hotel but it’s not Gansevoort loudness. At $ 800 per night, it’s clearly not cheap.

I always like smallish, quiet & comfortable hotels.

I’d welcome any suggestions. Thank you.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Bullfrog – oohh the Mandarin Oriental every time!!! otherwise the Peninsula ๐Ÿ˜‰ just dont stay at the Plaza… yuk
    xx

CallMeIshmael
    Participant

Am a big fan of

http://www.mrandmrssmith.com/

The Mercer, The Surrey or SohoHouse are a good bet.

CromartyScot
    Participant

Really like The Mark

dutchyankee
    Participant

For Me, three favorites in NYC are St. Regis and Peninsula for Fifth Avenue and near enough Central Park, they are right across the street from each other, Butler service is superb, and stunning hotels in general. But my most favorite for the feeling of a private residence/club and the best in personlised service has to be the Carlyle at 35 East 76th street, simply put, an absolute delight!

RichHI1
    Participant

Maybe recent events would make one avoid the Sofitel ๐Ÿ˜‰

Bullfrog
    Participant

I used to enjoy staying around Soho in the mid 90s when it was art galleries & non main stream. Soho is now too commercial for
    me !

I stayed at the Mandarin in 2006. Apart from the very high room rate, there is hardly any communal lounge space for guests & the address on Columbus Circle is a little misleading. When leaving at 06.30am for the day flight to London, I found the $ 20 charge for a black coffee excessive.

Recently I have enjoyed The Greenwich. Using the website suggested by CallMeIshmael, the Greenwich is the only hotel listing a pool. Personally I do like Tribeca, as it is a little undiscovered.

The Gansevoort’s pool was closed when I stayed at that hotel, so I was allowed to use the pool at Soho House. More like a bath, it was so small.

rodders
    Participant

Hi, saw this thread and wanted to ask if anyone has been to the new Element Hotel by Westin at Times Sq? Its their new green eco brand.
    Thanks
    Happy to reciprocate on Middle East hotels if needed.

Anjela7
    Participant

Hello to all readers: Another great service hotel in New York is Warwick New York Hotel, located near Central Park South, 65th West 54th Street @ 6th avenue. Thanks.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Like London, I tend to find the hotels in NYC overpriced PLUS everything is extra. I tend to stay over the bridge in NJ and with the savings splash out on a decent limo service to take me around.

VintageKrug
    Participant

The Hyatt on the Hudson is a viable alternative to staying on Manhattan, and especially so if youโ€™re flying into/out of EWR Newark New Jersey airport, as Silverjet used to do.

Very handy for the PATH trains direct to WTC, and great views of the city at night.

philipjohn
    Participant

Thanks to all for your information.I was planning to visit New York for spending my holidays as this is my first trip to New York i didn’t know much about there but you all have helped me a lot by giving me such a nice information.Thanks for sharing these useful information.

us visa

us visa application

AlohaHonolulu
    Participant

New York can be daunting to get around. My favorite downtown hotel’s Ritz Carlton Battery City, for easy access to EWR & lower Manhattan. Uptown’s its the Four Seasons NY. For an incredible stay, try PH 5501 at the Millenium Hilton NY for a fantastic view of both rivers. 5501 takes up half the top floor. Sign me, former New Yorker!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls