New upper class reviews G-V tops?

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

Can I suggest “hemprods”.

I think others have recent experience which I feel sure they’d be happy to share…

BeckyBoop
    Participant

More exciting news, the new afternoon tea service sounds lush with the new stands. Shame its only on the dubai route. I wonder why BA have never though of using a classic 3 teir stand in F or J?

http://www.businesstraveller.com/middle-east/news/virgin-launches-new-upper-class-meal-service

RichHI1
    Participant

Lufthansa use it – very cool

VintageKrug
    Participant

There was meant to be a 3-tier stand for the BA First Dorchester Afternoon Tea.

A CSD explained to me that it was stopped due to budget and space constraints.

Of course it’s a lot more complex for BA to roll out what might at first seem something as simple as a plate stand, as it has five times the long haul aircraft.

Frankly, I think it’s feeble that BA didn’t manage this, and I hope Virgin’s move will ensure they step up to the plate-stand, so to speak.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

So, you might say that the Virgin cake stand will trump BA’s FIrst Dorchester Afternoon Tea?

I’ve always thought BA first was more of a premium business offering. Fancy stopping cake stands due to ‘budget and space constraints’, what is the world coming to!

VintageKrug
    Participant

…I think it was introduced around 2009, around the time the airline was seriously in danger of going bankrupt and under threat of industrial action.

There isn’t a bottomless pit of money, but as savings have been made elsewhere in the organisation, investment in catering has greatly improved in recent months.

It certainly blasts Virgin’s offering out of the water, hence the need for them to catch up. But good on them for upping their game.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Don’t tell me, cutting out cake stands and introducing mixed fleet saved the day?

RichHI1
    Participant

Seen your posts on various threads today Henkel, someone’s an angry little elf today…. Chill a bit, it can’t be that bad.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Actually, I’m rather enjoying myself – more relaxed than in a long time but thanks for the concern Rich.

RichHI1
    Participant

You’re welcome. I get stressed at times and I recognize the signs…

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Becky, the afternoon tea offering does sound nice, but Lanson Black Label champagne? Really? That stuff is completely awful, even worse than Moet. It is the only champagne I actually refuse to drink. I am sure, given his handle, VK will agree LOL

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls