New upper class reviews G-V tops?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

• Anonymous

FlyerDoc
    Participant

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transport/9063399/Virgins-no-fly-by-night-sleepover-trial.html

Any inside knowledge from any one on the the guest list for the sneak preview of Virgins new Upper Class?

BeckyBoop
    Participant

I cant wait to see the new seat either would cool if someone has a link to an artists impression of the new seat? :o) xx

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Would be nice if the window seats actually faced the windows. Found this cool link to, which i think is when they designed the current UC.

http://www.designcouncil.org.uk/case-studies/virgin-atlantic-airways/designing-the-upper-class-suite/

I wouldnt be surprised if they even fitted a seat similar seat to the new CX business.

Apparently they used to give on board treatments i wonder if that will return? What would others like to see/have?

xx

RichHI1
    Participant

In kmy experience Becky, they came round asked your preference and said they would not get round to everyone and then you never saw them again unless you were elite VS FF. It was more marketing hype than substance.

VintageKrug
    Participant

The onboard treatments were something of a gimmick.

Often lead to disappointment if the therapist didn’t get around to you.

I think I ended up with a treatment 50% of the time, which I was happy with.

But it was quite pointless on the overnights as you’d have to be woken for the treatment and even if not woken, there was always the potential of being disturbed as a fellow traveller was roused or settled back into their seat.

I’m a big fan of VS on the ground, but in the air the hard Upper Class product is decidedly business class in feel and execution.

I’d hope they’d change some of the curious material used in the current Upper Class Suite; they chip easily and the diamonte features on the cabin walls look dated.

I was going to fly VS next month for a change; on checking their timetable, it appears they only serve this particular destination seasonally. Result = kerching for BA 😉

BeckyBoop
    Participant

TBF you shouldnt say that because most people who fly BA cant always get a treatment in the lounge anyway. Perhaps they can just offer them on day flights. If i was going to NY and arriving early evening and had an evening function that night getting my nails done on board would be great!! xx

VintageKrug
    Participant

Well, the problem with only offering them on day flights would be the wasted therapy station on the overnight, which could otherwise have accommodated a fare paying passenger.

And then what to do with the therapist herself, who has to fly back to London for the day flight…….

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Easy only do a quiet and short treatments like manicure, pedicure or express facials avoiding body massages or have a station that can convert in to a normal seat or she can helpout as an extra crew member. Otherwise convert the whole of the upper deck on 747 in to a spa with treatment rooms and charge per treatment x

RichHI1
    Participant

Why not just stop by a beauty parlour when you land or do it in lounge like BA try to? Cannot see this one working.
    If you try and charge all the posters will be on this threaad saying I am Gold, how dare they, everything must be free for me…

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Helps pass the time on flights xx

RichHI1
    Participant

I just put a modern movie on and fall asleep. There is something to be said for remakes with no acting and dialog just special effects zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

BeckyBoop
    Participant

If it stops you snoring then fine..lol xxx

RichHI1
    Participant

Oh Please… do not start me on snoring…….. As everyone knows I prefer AA to BA what I do not understnad is why BA FIrst passengers snore and break wind as Olympians. I have had to use ear plugs and drape blankets over my suite to cut out the noise of snorers and I have been disgusted byt the breaking of wind. Too much curry I suppose.
    I am sorry (shows i am Englsih huh?) but I was brought up not to inconvenience others. People who cannot sleep without sounding like a subway train or breaking wind every thirty seconds should visit a medical professional before they fly again. It is abominabke how inconsiderate people can make others suffer.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

funny 🙂 x

seriously guys any thoughts, i think will really be better than club
    xx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls