New MH370 documentary Netflix

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• rferguson
    Participant

Hi folks,

Just finished watching the new three part Netflix documentary. Wow, there really are some ‘out there’ theories but to be fair a 777 that vanishes from the face of the earth is ‘out there’ in itself as is the official narrative.

Curious as to other viewers opinions on the theories. The main ones presented were the ‘suicide/murder pilot’ theory. The ‘hijack’ theory which kinda involves Russia and MH17. As much as I found this one far fetched I do agree, the loss of TWO Malaysia Airlines 777’s so close together in absolute freak ways is almost too much to believe. And as for the american conspiracy regarding something in the cargo hold – well, you can never rule out the americans being involved or knowing something.

There were a few items that did surprise me. Firstly, that the large piece of aircraft that washed up on Reunion had it’s identifying marks removed. And the story of that crazy guy that went searching for wreckage as an Indiana Jones type and just kept ‘stumbling’ over bits and pieces within hours of arriving.

Most of all you couldn’t help but feel for the poor families. You can’t even really call them grieving families because despite the official line being the plane crashed at sea most of the families have had no closure in the sense of proof of this.

cwoodward
    Participant

The tragedy is great fodder for these sort of programmes of course and I am sure they will be around for years yet -until the wreck is found.
    Do they add anything meaningful to the very sad unsolved mystery -possibly not but perhaps watchable TV for those that want to kick over the ashes. For me not.

FormerBA
    Participant

Yes the debris finds were both fascinating and disturbing. What I don’t understand is why there haven’t been more since.

I am not a conspiracy theorist but i was intrigued by the entirely plausible if far fetched ideas put forward.

stevescoots
    Participant

[postquote quote=1348508]

My guess, nobody is looking any more and these are remote areas

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I haven’t watched it yet, but did it mention that parts have also washed up on a beach near Port Elizabeth, South Africa, as well as in Madagascar?

Vistaro
    Participant

I have no proof or insight but I simply can’t believe in this day and age NO ONE could track it on radar (or other technology) especially when we can see a pin head on Mars in full 4k! if not it doesn’t bode well for any air defence systems

GivingupBA
    Participant

SOMEONE turned the plane drastically off course soon after the last transmission from the plane. That much is known. I guess that that someone was responsible when the plane went down. Must’ve been either the flight crew or hijackers; no third possibility. My guess is hijackers. For reasons unknown.

An awful terrible tragedy or crime of the rarest kind.

cwoodward
    Participant

No one knows what happened – and of course it will turn up one day.
    Personally I don’t see the point in philosophising about the tragedy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls