New IAG member

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

Henryp1 – 18/04/2016 13:53 BST

My ‘endorsement’ is just a personal (not professional) opinion on a forum, based on another post – it’s not based on insider knowledge – you won’t be done for that.

But you would be mad to buy shares based on my thoughts 🙂

SimonS1
    Participant

@Henry – yes potentially you could be ‘done’. Insider trading is classed as buying or selling of a security when in possession on material, non public information. The acquisition of another airline would definitely be material, and the info is non public as it has not been announced to the stock market by IAG (and indeed there is not a whisper of it on Google).

@Canucklad – the relevant thing is where the stock you are trading is listed (ie not where the acquisition is). As Mr M says IAG is listed in London and Madrid so it would be covered.

@MrM – agreed, like you I think there is a misunderstanding here and we are talking about RAM joining Avios which is now public information.

MrMichael
    Participant

Mate of mine in the Red Lion at lunchtime told me that Heathrow Airport Holdings were buying British (Tata) Steel in exchange for an extra runway at LHR. Same again please…pint of Thatchers! 🙂

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Now CXDiamonde, having set the hare running on this one, have you (potentially) put yourself in the embarrassing position of aiding and abetting insider trading based upon your passing on information obtained from a “well informed source” who, perhaps, should have known better than to divulge this?

Speaking of which, who or what is the Bavarian equivalent of Inspector Knacker of the Yard and is there a German equivalent of “having your collar felt…”?

Do we have any corporate lawyers who could offer an opinion on whether CXDe might prefer not to take the return SCL-MUC after her trip to the Falklands and Punta Arenas later this year?

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

CXDe

Oh dear, one day you might show some manners and start acting your age. But as you’ve now reached retirement age without learning basic civility, I will absolutely not be holding my breath.

And rather typical that you decline to respond to the points preferring to play the man rather than the ball. Plus ca change.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Let’s just be a little cool with this insider trading dialogue.

Over the years, on a couple of occasions, I’ve had privileged info that a merger, divestment or acquistion would happen shortly; if I had bought/sold shares or given the info to others, I would have been insider trading.

What happened on this thread is that I’ve commented on other posts.

So no insider trading, no go straight to jail, don’t collect ÂŁ200. Nada.

SimonS1
    Participant

Well the OP doesn’t read like a rumour?

However I agree that if there was any degree of truth to it the stock exchange would have been advised, which is why I would think someone has seen RAM join Avios and added 2+2 to get 5.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

The definition of “insider” requires proof of knowledge that information has actually come from an inside source rather that general speculation or rumour for example.

MrMichael
    Participant

The OP has gone…….what happened?

Henryp1
    Participant

Well I’m a bit confused, if cxd has deleted his/her posts, they should be banned.

Edit
    19 April 16, 7.37 am

I note the fdos has also once again deleted or edited postings. On this thread they supported cxd.

BT I hope the new forum format will prevent individual edits to cut what we have posted or to delete a posting, as this really destroys the flow of the thread, and gives the appearance of incoherent subsequent postings which distort the actual content and is not in good spirit for subsequent posters.

If this is considered a professional forum and not a gossip site, we should be able to stand by our postings and not worry about our own professional integrity being questioned by our peers or customers.

Thanks

Henry

transtraxman
    Participant

RAM might enter IAG since Iberia has been a minority shareholder for many years. My readings of the last year¨s developments, however, make me incline towards Qatar. There would be less of a culture class.

Qatar is a large minority shareholder in IAG (10%). I think any of the airlines, in which it participates, such as Meridiana, would enter oneworld when ready, but would not enter IAG.

IAG, I still see as a European grouping. Outside Europe limitations on ownership are usually too restrictive to be of interest. My bets are still on Finnair and LOT joining IAG sometime in the not too distant future.

AndrewinHK
    Participant

The OP being deleted just reaffirms this isnt plausible. RAM is not a good fit for IAG, they operate the 737 not the a320 stalwart of the IAG family, also the culture I’m not sure how they would react to the Walsh cutting. Finnair would be a good fit for IAG, but they are also being courted by CX.

JohnHarper
    Participant

Having read this thread before the removal and edits of some posts I’m not surprised CXD decided to remove her posts.

Someone posts something that may be of interest to people here and the result is they are told they are wrong and then we end up in a few short posts accusing them of insider trading. All a bit OTT.

Couple that with the turgid puking of AnthonyDunn who has a long held grudge against the OP and it’s not really surprising she wanted no further part of it.

BT – perhaps you could delete this thread please? Any purpose it has has been well and truly lost.

AndrewinHK
    Participant

I agree with you John, the forum turns nasty very fast and often seems full of point scoring egomaniacs.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@JohnHarper – 19/04/2016 10:08 BST

This is as opposed to the utter superciliousness and condescension of many of your postings. Yes, you too leave a certain odour in people’s nostrils. Now go and have a jolly good bleat about an ad hominem attack (sic) – you normally do.

Having, in a previous life, had the occasion to be privy to highly commercially sensitive information, I was left in no doubts that it was not simply the fact of trading on “insider information” that was punishable, it was sharing and disseminating this in the knowledge that others could then use that information for (illicit) gain.

It’s interesting how certain individuals, who are only too keen to dispense the brickbats and look imperiously down their noses at others, react when their own conduct or postings are queried. Pathetic.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls