New Forum for Business Traveller

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 338 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Very smart and very clear…

What are BBCodes…. is this a shortcut or cheat to get BBC online services when travelling 🙂

I concur with LP about only 4 or 5 threads/discussions showing…

Many thanks Tom and team for putting this together….

paulkaz
    Participant

Thanks for all your work.I’m a bit confused, are the recent forum topics limited to the 5 or so listed? Are you still going to post those short airline reviews that used to be on the left of the forum page? Apologies if I ve missed the obvious.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

[quote quote=614286]Thanks for all your work.I’m a bit confused, are the recent forum topics limited to the 5 or so listed? Are you still going to post those short airline reviews that used to be on the left of the forum page? Apologies if I ve missed the obvious.

[/quote]

Morning – we can increase it from 5 – we are just focusing on allowing everyone to sign in at the moment.

The airline reviews actually come from http://www.seatplans.com and we need to work out how to show them across from that site onto this new forum

stevescoots
    Participant

Well, I made in after some password and The great firewall issues! looks impressive, now going to see if I can break it!

PatJordan
    Participant

Very much improved site, sincere thanks to Tom and his team.

The font on the Forum is a lot easier to read…..very welcome for us over 50’s!!

Also welcome is the facility to add files/photos.

RaveAroundTheWorld
    Participant

Looks good…..

-Rave

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Yes, I think there’s a setting where I can allow trusted forum members to upload photos, but stop newbies posting “interesting” photos.

Food on a recent flight

1 user thanked author for this post.

peter19
    Participant

I really like the features and tried and tested sections from the website now. Much clearer and easier to source the information you need including more graphical elements tied in. The options to search by airlines or hotels in a specific country is working well.

I would echo above re only seeing 5 threads on the recent discussions. One thing I liked about BT was being able to keep up with discussions i was interested in rather than miss them so some more shown as default would be handy.

cheers.

canucklad
    Participant

I do have one suggestion, and possibly one that’s already been suggested….
    Is it possible to have the most recent topic at the top of page 1?
    But then again the majority rules : )

FrequentTraveller
    Participant

Was able to request new password to log in to the new site. But can’t get the change password feature to work. Is that a known issue being worked on?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

[quote quote=620883]Was able to request new password to log in to the new site. But can’t get the change password feature to work. Is that a known issue being worked on?

[/quote]

It wasn’t until you mentioned it, it is now, and we will fix it asap.

JohnHarper
    Participant

All very impressive! Well done Tom and team, great work.

NTarrant
    Participant

It’s looking good, with the ability to add photos is great, but can we have the “skip to last post” button back?

2 users thanked author for this post.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Just noticed, the airlines list only goes as far as China Eastern. Is there a way to scroll further or go direct to say Swiss or Lufthansa?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I agree Nigel, a link to the last post would be useful, but the only shortcut I’ve found is to click on the last page no, currently “9” on this thread and then scroll down to the last post.

Another feature would be to be able to reply at any point as you could in the old forum site. Now you have to go to the last post, type your reply, then scroll down the page to Submit. It would be handy if the submit button could be to the right of the notify me box.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 338 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls