New Forum for Business Traveller

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 338 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Well…

The new website will have the same domain name (www.businesstraveller.com) but will also feature the new Business Traveller India and Business Traveller Asia-Pacific.

So while initially there will continue to be a lot about BA, I think in the medium term it’s much more likely to veer towards the major carriers in and out of India – ME3 and also Turkish.

Which will be fun.

And I am sticking to my timeline that the website will launch in less than 2 weeks time.

In a kind of halve the distance to the moon sort of way…

handbag
    Participant

canucklad – 29/04/2016 10:04 BST

Morning Handbag
    You’ve convinced me that it is a bad idea inviting representatives from the social media teams of the most popular, (better word would probably be frequently) mentioned airlines on this forum.
    Your, and indeed your colleagues contributions are definitely, in my opinion anyway valued far more , and more accurate and realistic than I suspect someone who’d be obliged to tow the company line….

Good morning to you too. I don’t have the time to respond that often (hats off to some that make a big contribution), but pleased to hear that the contributions that staff make are valued. I do believe you do get a more realistic view from us, as if there is something that we don’t feel we can comment on, then we don’t say anything, rather than just a generic non answer.

icenspice
    Participant

Is this the new forum, or am I missing something? !!

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

AllOverTheGaff – 28/04/2016 21:38 BST

+1

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I wish.

Goodness knows when it will come. Shall I say by the end of June?

Hope so, anyway.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

On reflection I think current forum is just fine!

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

As a word of warning regarding the software, I have just had reason to complain (and not for the first time) about the new Financial Times beta website that I get with my FT subscription. It does not function properly with certain browsers and the designers also failed to include sections of the original website so that chunks of the paper are inaccessible on the new version. Doh!

Please (polite please §:-) ) ensure that any new iteration is properly tested before being put into the production environment.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Even better Anthony (at least I think so) is

https://ftepaper.ft.com

Then just log in as usual.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Just a short note to comment that the BT site has been stable for a long time, now, after a period where the infrastructure was struggling.

Credit to BT for this.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Thank you.

Well that’s a concern for the new site – making sure it all works as well as we can hope from day one, but the major bit of work is around the single sign on functionality.

This means that one log in allows you to contribute to the forum, post comments on stories, sign up for the newsletter, change your preferences, decide how public (or not) your profile is and of course ahem subscribe to the magazine.

It’s a complicated bit of technology which has to work with a lot of different plug ins – and that’s what’s taking the time.

But I never imagined it would take this long.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

As an experienced IT project manager I know says, it always takes twice as long as you think, when you’re integrating multiple interfaces.

I think he’s an optimist, btw 😉

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ FDOS_UK – 04/06/2016 11:06 BST

Errm, only “twice as long as you think…” I agree with you, he must be a seriously inveterate optimist!

Ahmad
    Participant

Tom,
    You may want to edit the OP. I saw this thread for the first time today and was confused whether it is still relevant, until I read the last few posts.

peter19
    Participant

SSO will be worth the wait for our experience and has to be in place. I had issues recently with renewing the subscription because the systems are not linked.

As I work in IT I can also second the taking longer than you think part…anything with migrations or integrations! 🙂

SimonS1
    Participant

Any further updates on this?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 338 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls