New Club World & First Changes

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)

• AlanOrton1
    Participant

rferguson – many thanks (as always) for the reply.

rodders
    Participant

Looks very good, like the colour combinations, and the door. seems a little like a combination of the Q Suite and the existing seating on Qatar’s 380/350/787’s. Looking forward to trying it out sometime….
    PS Am I right in thinking that the 350 will have First on the later deliveries?

Stratocruiser
    Participant

Hi All,

Routes online just advised A350-1000 routes as:

Toronto from 1st October

Dubai from 8th October

Cheers

Stratocruiser

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

There are some details here

British Airways announces new First products

GivingupBA
    Participant

[quote quote=923634] ….have BA indicated when all of their long haul fleet will be fitted with this new seat? [/quote]

That, as a customer, is the key question for me. I know it’s a massive job for BA (and of course I don’t expect BA to retrofit the 747s, as they’re being phased out) but I want to know – if I book Club World a couple of years from now, is the new CW guaranteed to be there? And I know the answer is NO: and so I will continue to book on other airlines, specifically the superb CX and OZ (with which I am not associated in any way).

As has often been said, BA fell drastically behind with their CW seat, which was once a brand leader, but ceased to be one years ago – and so I took my custom elsewhere, after often flying CW long-haul, for years. Despite my user name, I wish I could go back to BA but it’s not value for money these days.

The new CW looks great. And thanks for finally taking belated action, BA, but you lost my custom a while back and I will now wait till you have ACTUALLY retrofitted.

PS, rferguson, thanks so much for your great posts over the years.

1 user thanked author for this post.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

Apologies if this has already been raised.
    BA were the leaders in the flat bed business class revolution. Innovators that made flying flat possible for many business class travellers for whom sleep and time are precious.
    When airlines like Virgin and Cathay starting innovating with all direct aisle access J class products, BA responded conservatively and remained behind the eight ball with the current CW M2.
    By introducing this new Club Suites product, BA is trying to recapture some of that innovative spirit which includes the the door, something none of its major competitors, especially from the Gulf, have.
    Sadly Qatar, Delta and China Eastern beat them to it with the door. Still, by including the door, BA has taken a standard seat several other airlines use and made it special. Is it innovative? No – but that would have required a brand new bespoke and costly product which BA could have hailed as ground breaking. But is it enough to curtail the decline into medocrity? – Absolutely! Now they will have to manage customer expectation inclusing all those paying for First without a door while the plane at the gate next door has one in Club.
    I wonder if BA will grow to regret that door in the short term?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

The first part of the interview with Alex Cruz is now live

British Airways CEO Alex Cruz on the new business class Club Suite

2 users thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Is the flimsy footstool still in place or has that been replaced by something a little stronger..?

EU_Flyer
    Participant

Appears to be an enclosed foot well/cubby which will mean less space and flexibility to move feet than the current seat. Everything comes with a cost and one of the things that I will miss about the existing CW seat is the openness at the foot end of the seat.

dgorock
    Participant

Hello,
    I am curious as to where are these new seats install? Near Heathrow? Cardiff? Is BA hiring extra fitters for this? I am interested in working for this. 🙂

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Hello,
    They are being built in Ulster in Ireland (Kilkeel, Newry).
    I imagine they will be installed at the BA maintenance bases.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Had an email from BA the other day, I have a few flights booked with them at the end of the year in 1st, and one of the planes is the Dubai flight which is changing to this new product. So a “downgrade” from 1st……sort of?

I don’t know whether I am happy or annoyed ……

:-/

Rgds.
    AOTG.

Panda01
    Participant

I reckon with the A380, BA are struggling with the thought of being able to fit less seats.

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls