New Club Europe Seating Help

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• cotswoldsw
    Participant

Flew CE LHR to FCO last week on A320 with new cabin. I’m 6’2″ and the loss of leg room was noticeable but not really a problem on such a short flight with no one sat next to you. I really liked the new cabin design and leg room aside, the seat was comfortable. Served the afternoon tea offering, which was irritating as had hoped for proper lunch.

Flight back was old CE on an A321. Seats looking a little tired but extra leg room was nice. Lunch was great and service very good.

Used avios on flight out and booked a o/w in economy coming back. Paid the upgrade fee when it was offered and perfectly content to do so. The new cabin won’t put me off flying BA short haul, in my opinion being able to fly from LHR, having use of the lounge and earning tier points etc far outweighs the Easyjet offering (which I’ve never found to offer real savings in any event).

SimonS1
    Participant

@cotswoldsw

Interesting thoughts there. We all have different reasons and motivators and I guess at least BA continue to have a choice. If it works for you then it’s all good.

Personally I find the EZY proposition very acceptable now – reserved seats, newish planes etc but particularly the frequencies out of LGW. True you don’t get lounge access, then again instead of flying CE as I would have done 5 years ago I just pay for an EZY flight, lounge access, something to eat on board and still have cash in my pocket.

dutchyankee
    Participant

Happy to report the flight yesterday was excellent, A321 with old convertible seats so no comfort issue at all. The service was outstanding. I have not flown BA in a while opting for LX mostly as of late, but this flight yesterday was very good indeed. Plenty of champagne (although not cold enough), nice meal of pork medallions in a mustard sauce (other option was chicken with rice), cheese plate and a very good dessert called by the crew Amber cake. Flight was 3 hours 40 minutes due to strong head winds, but we were comfortable throughout. Now happily ensconced in the Cathay First Lounge at T3 waiting my AA flight to DFW. Thanks to everyone’s advice. Hopefully my return flight to LED will be likewise the original CE seats.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

the one point nobody has mentioned is the cost for these seats. In my case, Lon-Fra in club can cost up to £450… and that’s each way.

So what does this extra value give you…. besides reduced leg room…??

Quite frankly, not much else…. that as a Gold/Silver Card holder I wouldn’t get anyway…

Flexibility, yes… but some of the Club tickets don’t have flexi either…

Thank goodness I can use avios for European travel….

dutchyankee – go for row 1… everytime….

Chiantikid
    Participant

Hi. Hope this helps everyone. Only the 320’s have been reconfigured so far. Easiest way to check is that the ‘new’ 320’s have 28 rows. The 319/321 are I believe going to be changed last but can’t confirm that. I’ve worked on a number of the new 320’s and do far haven’t had too much negative feedback although obviously as a crew member I’m not sitting down! They at least look a lot better and are cleaner. The big problem as I see it is when the 319/321 are changed there’s going to be an extra 11/17 seats on these aircraft which will impact even more heavily on our handbaggage problems
    My thoughts are my own and not of my employer

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls