New Brussels Airlines J & C class + routes

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

sparkyflier
    Participant

Looking at the BT article yesterday, the new long haul product offerings look very attractive I think. Both Business and Economy seats look superior to the KLM & AF offerings and look like nice places to be on routes to West and East Africa.

The C class looks similar to the LX & DL products and the Y class at 33″ very competitive, and good to see an airline wanting to provide reasonable space for the customer.

I heard a rumour that there might be some switching of African routes between fellow LH owned Swiss International shortly, and maybe even new routes (exept JFK). Any firm news out there?

RichHI1
    Participant

Looks like I may have option to use Brussels Air to Africa. Does anyone have recent Business CLass experience on Brussels Airlines into African destinations?

sparkyflier
    Participant

Hi Rich

I have not, but I believe the new J & Y class offerings is being used first on their Cameroon – Douala & Yaounde services. Interestingly Swiss used to operate these routes (who had a first class) but now SN has taken these over. The new product it appears is superior to the KLM/AF offering.

Can I ask where you are going?

I recall Dutchyankee had good knowledge of these routes and the variables of the different offerings.

dutchyankee
    Participant

Hi Sparkyflyer and RichHI1,

I try to avoid Brussels Airlines on short haul flights, but have flown them a few times recently to three African destinations (Kinshasa, Kigali, and Bujumbura). I have to say, the flights were excellent. Where Brussels Airlines shines is in their meal service, simply excellent. The seat is a disappointment versus the fully flat beds one is now used to, but considering the competition on the routes I flew on, Brussels Airlines was the best option. Likewise, Brussels Airport is so much easier than a number of other hubs. Rich, will you be connecting from a UK flight? If so, you will have some walking to do to get to the A Concourse where the ‘T’ gates are located for all of SN’s African services, but it is a great Concourse with good shops, facilities, and some decent lounges (nothing on par with BA T5 Lounges, but definitely adequate. As for the new SN Business product, this is being launched predominantly to be competitive on the soon to be started service to New York. The new product will no doubt be rolled out fleet wide and probably rather quickly as their long haul fleet is quite small.

edinv54
    Participant

I see from the Brussels Airlines web site that they are starting BRU/EDI from 28 Oct 2012 – This route currently operated by Bmi Regional.

SenatorGold
    Participant

The new J and Y is indeed available on Brussels Airlines flights to Douala and Yaounde. In June I flew on this service in J to Yaounde and was delighted, having expected the old J class which I had experienced the month before on Brussels Airlines to Kigali. I was especially pleased as I’d flown on Swiss to Yaounde the year before. The service was excellent and was flattered that the purser even recognised me from my earlier flight to Kigali. The Brussels/Swiss business class seat is excellent, especially if one selects a seat on its own – these are1A, 3A, 5A, 2£, 4E ,6E; 1K, 3K, 5K;. The seat map at online check in is confusing as it doesn’t accurately show the configuration.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls