New bmi Diamond Club Improvements: HHAs, Confirmable Upgrades & New Partners

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

On the website now:

https://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/my-account/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fbmi%2fen-gb%2fdiamond-club%2fdiamond-club%2fmembers%2fdiamond-club-news.aspx

Need to be logged into your DC account DC to see this : Diamond Club – Members – Diamond Club News

New membership cards

Quote:
    Great new look for Diamond Club
    Diamond Club cards and information packs have a new look.

We hope you’ll like the sleek new look of our membership cards and information packs. As your membership year renews you’ll receive your new card through the post.

If you’re a Gold member and your current card expires at the end of February 2010 or before, you’ll receive it as you renew. If your current card expires after February 2010, we’ll be sending you a replacement card very shortly.

Family membership

Quote:
    Invite up to eight family members and combine your destinations miles.

From 01 December 2009 family membership will be available to all Diamond Club members.

Family membership will allow you and your family to combine your destinations miles and take advantage of awards sooner.

You’ll become the ‘Head of Account’ and invite up to eight members to the family, which can even include staff such as nannies and security. All family members continue to be Diamond Club members in their own right and are invited by the ‘Head of Account’ to join the family membership. Plus you’ll now be able to enrol under 18’s as long as they are part of a family account.

To set up an account, you’ll need to simply log into your Diamond Club account on or after 01 December 2009.

Confirmable upgrades….. (CUVs ?)

Quote:
    Four flight upgrade vouchers – book in advance.

Currently, as a Gold Diamond Club member you receive four complimentary upgrade vouchers for use during your membership year, allowing you to upgrade on bmi flights.*

We’ve made this benefit even better so that you don’t need to wait to upgrade at the desk. These upgrades can now be booked and confirmed seven days in advance of departure.

To use your complimentary upgrade vouchers and confirm your seat in the next cabin, contact the Diamond Club call centre on 0845 608 7788.

*bmi operated flights only, exludes bmibaby.

New ways to use miles

Quote:
    Get more out of your Diamond Club membership.

You can now earn miles through our three new airline partners; Continental, Brussels Airlines and TAM.

Also, from 1 December 2009 when you stay in any Missoni Hotel around the World, you’ll earn 1,000 destinations miles per night, up to a maximum of 3,000 destinations miles per stay.

And look out for news on our new hotel partnership with Wyndham hotels in the new year.

Q & As :

Upgrade using miles
    How far in advance can I request to upgrade using miles?
    You can spend your miles to upgrade a revenue ticket 7 days in advance of your departure date.

Do I need to have a ticket purchased in a specific class in order to upgrade?
    Yes, you’ll need to hold a ticket booked in Y, S, O, B.

How do I use my destinations miles to upgrade my flight?
    You’ll need to contact the Diamond Club call centre to requests to upgrade an existing flight booked using destinations miles.

Can I upgrade my flight using destinations miles with any other airline?
    No, at present you can only upgrade using destinations miles on bmi operated flights. All requests to upgrade using miles are subject to availability.

Will I be charged for upgrading my flight using destinations miles?
    The only thing you’ll be required to pay is any additional taxes or charges.

Family Membership

How do I create a Family Membership?
    You’ll need to log into your Diamond Club account at flybmi.com and select ‘Family Membership’ in the left hand navigation.

How do I request for other members to join my Family Membership?
    Within the application process to create a family membership, you’ll add details of each member you wish to invite to join. The member will then be sent an email asking them to either accept or reject your invitation.

How many people can join my Family Membership?
    You can have 8 members within your Family Membership. A maximum of 2 members of your Family Membership can be personal staff, this is classed as a paid for employee, employed by the head of the Family Membership.

Bookable upgrades for Gold members
    Will I receive printed Gold upgrade vouchers in my membership pack?
    No, when your Diamond Club Gold membership is renewed or when your membership is upgraded to Gold membership, four complimentary upgrades will be credited to your Diamond Club account.

How can I book my upgrades?
    You’ll need to contact the Diamond Club call centre to request to use your upgrade vouchers.

I still have some printed vouchers, am I able to use them?
    No, following the launch of the bookable upgrades on 17 November 2009 any printed vouchers will be invalid. However, from 17 November 2009 your Diamond Club account will be credited with four complimentary upgrade vouchers.

If I don’t use all of my upgrade vouchers will they be carried forward to my next membership year?
    No complimentary upgrades from your previous membership year will not be carried over to the following membership year. Your Diamond Club account will only ever show the maximum of 4 vouchers.

How many vouchers will I need to use to upgrade my flight?

No. of vouchers required per one way flight
    Route

1 x voucher required for an upgrade from Economy to Business All routes with upgrades available except those below
    2 x vouchers required for an upgrade from Economy to Business Saudi Arabia
    1 x voucher from Economy to Premium Economy

2 x vouchers from Premium Economy to Business Airbus A330 Cairo and Tel Aviv

How far in advance can I request to use my complimentary upgrade vouchers?
    You can request to upgrade your flight using your complimentary upgrade vouchers a maximum of 7 days in advance of your flight.

Can I upgrade my flight using my upgrades vouchers with any other airline?
    No, complimentary upgrade vouchers are valid on bmi operated flights excluding codeshare flights on any fare type including redemption bookings, although all requests to use the complimentary upgrades and are strictly subject to availability.

continentalclub
    Participant

These changes appear to be genuinely valuable improvements to what is already arguably the most generous FFP of any alliance-member airline.

They would also tend to lend credence to recent rumours that bmi-owner Lufthansa does not intend to merge or replace Diamond Club with their own Miles & More programme – at least in the short term.

Good news indeed.

Perhaps worth re-posting that Diamond Club members wishing to enroll family-members and staff might benefit from the current 3,000 and 4,000 mile sign-up bonuses mentioned in another thread, or an additional 5,000 Destination Miles bonus offered when signing up at http://bit.ly/2QDfzD.

MarcusUK
    Participant

Makes no difference if you cant spend miles & get flights in the SA!

But they have not improved the awful DC call centre in India!
    Rather than giving themselves a image change, they should deal with the substance of their in-capability, & un-willingness to get flights on the Star Network. This is a major failing, & the subject of the worst criticisms of any program here on BT over 2 years!
    Flights are often available with the booking classes in other members Airline accounts, but the “No seats” no matter how far ahead or whatever routes, always gets spurted out.
    Done in a very wooden way with awful phone lines….

They should address this first, but as per usual, don’t listen n don’t care. Glossy makeovers, do not replace good service, when you cant spend the miles you have earned. It’s pointless, & poor management.

With the Airline being very volatile anyhow & it’s future uncertain, along with its membership format, I am rid of my miles & terrible service with them.

The decent programs these days, all enable booking on line…BMI DC is certainly far from that.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Well, I will be toasting you during 2010 from First on Swiss, United, Thai and China Airlines (well, Business with China Airlines) courtesy of bmi’s Diamond Club on the dates I wanted to the exact locations I wanted on the exact flights I wanted.

All for less cost than a good dinner out.

Like so much in life, a little research and application reaps benefits.

Armed with knowledge, the Pune callcentre has improved, as long as you know when simply to put down the phone and call back for a more knowledgeable agent; many of them are extremely helpful especially when you have researched what you need properly.

It is far from the worst frequent flyer scheme and I broadly welcome these changes, which are not just an “image” makeover and genuinely substantive.

Their IT does leave something to be desired, but once you get to know its (not it’s) quirks, DC is a very attractive scheme.

wanula1
    Participant

Generally I have been supportive of the BMI DC. Even though the Pune call centre can be very frustrating if you know the specific flights and use some of the on line tools it is generally able to help.

However I now have a serious issue around their stance on membership renewal. My current membership should have renewed at the end of March 2010 and due to now being based in HK I have not been able to maintain my Gold status however I do have issue with BMI reseting my account on the 3rd Februray, effectively two months before the renewal date?

Also they need to fix the website as trying to log in outside ‘UK hours’ generally results in an error message and not being able to access my accounts

Letter to BMI DC is in the post as we speak!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Hmm. They may actually be in the right regarding membership year/cardvalidity.

Though I cannot find anything on the website which states my membership year, it is the case in many FF schemes that this differs from card validity period.

Airlines often give you a month (or two) grace period after the end of your tier membership year during which your card is still valid and you can still enjoy the status privileges (lounges access, priority check in, extra weight allowance etc.).

Thought I cannot be certain, this could be what has occurred in this case.

Travellator
    Participant

BMi is to become British Midland International again and capacity cut by 25% and fleet reduced.
    http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/transport/article7096710.ece

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls