New BA.com booking pageCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways New BA.com booking page

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  BGIWorldTraveller 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

BGIWorldTraveller
    Participant

It seems that BA is toying with a much updated flight booking page. If you go onto ww.ba.com, try booking LGW-NAP Aug 23rd to Aug 25th for example, you’ll get the new page. All other flights I’ve tried brings up the old one. I absolutely love this new one. What do you think?

Binman62
    Participant

I do not see any new pages…..why would BA.com provide a different page layout just for 1 route on one date? If you have link post it please.

NTarrant
    Participant

That’s interesting as I found that when I booked a flight for next week from LGW but when I was looking for Middle East flights ex-LHR it was the old style.

I suppose we will get used to it, time will tell, its just a case of finding ones way around. The manage my booking page is a little bit difficult to negotiate I find.

BGIWorldTraveller
    Participant

Go to ba.com, try booking LGW-NAP rt, Aug 23-25, and it comes up. It’s the only route I’ve found so far that works, but I’m sure they’re others. I don’t have a link. Perhaps BA IT is just testing it out, but it looks great IMHO.

SSTBeliever
    Participant

I am not sure if I was on a new page or not this morning but it looked similar but different and I made a mistake between putting the passengers BA executive number and the credit card name and now I am left with a booking in my name (I am already booked on the flight) instead of my sons!! His executive number was put in but my name is in the booking (yes we do both have the same surname and its only one forename different).
    I noticed this even before shutting the confirmation page and phoned BA to tell them about my mistake only to be told “tough there is nothing we can do about it other than change the date within 24 hours otherwise you have lost your money”. Now its not a route I use frequently and I cannot decide within 24 hours if I may want to take a holiday to the same place within the next 12 months!
    Not impressed by this inflexibility although I can see the point even an hour later but there is not even a minutes margin for error whatever even for simple and easily made errors – another example of rip off Britain and BA?? Needless to say my son will not now be benefiting the BA bank account and as much of my £100000 a year spend as possible will also be seeking pastures new.
    Be warned!!

scotnut2407
    Participant

I saw the new page last week looking up flights to Oslo. It’s very obvious if you get it – for a start, the bar along the top turns solid BA blue (the logo is placed within this blue bar). I like it.

They’ve been playing around with various bits n bobs for a while. Last summer I got the new look MMB, and every now and then when I log on a newer-style homepage crops up – all featuring the solid colour bar at the top. Wonder if they’ve any plans to actually roll out a site refresh, or whether they’re just playing with new tech in the back office…

lloydah
    Participant

Just tried the LGW/NAP route (17 30) but I’ve been seeing this page for a while booking US flights, mainly IAD. Either that or they were both the old style when I tried.

BGIWorldTraveller
    Participant
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.