New BA routes from LHR

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

• Travellator
    Participant

GBAirways

Not if you want to rent a car to drive Malaga way !

Chiantikid
    Participant

Openfly. I work for BA. We’ve had a number of charters this summer to Sardinia, Turkey and Greece on behalf of Mark Warner. We’ve also done them for others too. The only passengers were their customers going to their resorts. On top of that we’ve had scheduled flights to Palma and Ibiza from LHR admittedly at the weekends

My comments are my own and not of BA

JonathanM8
    Participant

Renting a car to drive Malaga way is easy at GIB. Walk across the frontier and take the rental car from La Linea

Travellator
    Participant

is there a hertz

JonathanM8
    Participant

No, only Europcar or local/Spanish companies

canucklad
    Participant

Reading between the lines ….in particular Chianti kids post and openfly’s …would suggest that this is nothing more than a publicity exercise from BA……

There is not going to be a long term commitment to these routes…

Clever by BA, but I would also suggest a wee bit misleading,,,,,,especially if they’ve sold the majority of seats on each flight already…..

BA4ever
    Participant

Judging from all my friends who visit Greece from the UK (using TOs) and wishing a way to visit Athens additionally to the islands this is a good thing.
    One can fly to Mykonos or Santorini, then ferry to Athens and then fly from Athens to LHR. If they add Crete and/or Rhodes, it will be splendid.

That is assuming that BA will use the flights as regular flights and not as chartered planes.

I think all these flights are scheduled and, with the exception of Santorini and Mykonos, could well go year round.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls