New BA routes from LHR

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

• Anonymous

londonlad
    Participant

Five new routes from LHR for summer 2014.

Faro
    Oporto
    Mykonos
    Santorini
    Malaga

Santorini:

10MAY14-06JUN14 MT…SS LONDON AREA /THIRA
    ..3…7 LHR JTR 1145 1740 BA 652 320*C

Faro:

10MAY14-06JUN14 MT…SS LONDON /FARO
    …..67 LHR FAO 1615 1845 BA 508 319*C

Mykonos:

10MAY14-06JUN14 MT…SS LONDON /MYKONOS
    .2….. LHR JMK 1110 1655 BA 650 320*C
    …..6. LHR JMK 1145 1730 BA 650 320*C

Oporto:

10MAY14-06JUN14 MT…SS LONDON /PORTO
    …4..7 LHR OPO 1535 1755 BA 506 319*C

Malaga:

10MAY14-06JUN14 MT…SS LONDON /MALAGA
    ….5.. LHR AGP 1555 1950 BA 454 319*C
    ……7 LHR AGP 1600 1955 BA 454 319*C

Travellator
    Participant

Where is the detail about this especially AGP ?

BA744fan
    Participant

I can’t speak for the other destinations, but I travel to Faro regularly and have to ask why BA would only fly on Saturday and Sunday?

Also, why only for a 4 week period?

Agreed, most holiday traffic is on Saturdays, but what about long weekenders/golfers etc?

Just seems a bit half hearted.

It was only 2-3 years ago BA flew daily from Heathrow.

Travellator
    Participant

And only from 10 may to 6 June – hardly summer holiday time ?

Travellator
    Participant

LHR AGP loaded from Early April until at least late September – £ 820 return in club – Ouch !

Travellator
    Participant

LHR AGP loaded from Early April until at least late September – £ 820 return in club – Ouch !

londonlad
    Participant

Once they start they run for the whole summer season not just 4 weeks, the above is just a snapshot of the GDS timetable.

Good to see BA expanding it’s destinations.

When fares are first loaded it sometimes throws up some crazy prices, not sure why. They will settle down to more sensible levels in the coming days.

JonathanM8
    Participant

AGP from LHR is good news….It really iritates to have to drive past LHR to get to LGW for BA’s flights to Malaga. And whilst LCY is an option, its only 4 a week and not always at convenient times. This is a start. Daily would be better (it used to be double daily in the ‘good old days’

Travellator
    Participant

Agreed Jonathan but the days are too close together – out Friday back the next Friday or Sunday. Out sunday back Friday so you miss all of the weekend at either end. Also noticed that the outbounds are all in the dreaded afternoon tea zone – these are 2 and half hour flights arriving AGP at about 8pm by the time you get your car and drive to your final location its going to be late ! Hasn’t been thought out !

canucklad
    Participant

Would suggest it’s BA management cleverly killing 3 birds with 1 stone…

1) Utilizing their short haul aircraft to the max, possibly this 319 would have plied an extra roster within the UK domestically but demand has fallen….
    2) Thus you can slot mange
    3) And you can market new destinations……always good publicity : )

Edited to add….And Travellator…£820 ..re-read the destinations…

Their not going after the Corfu or Ibiza market… : )

JonathanM8
    Participant

Travellator…..I can see myself using the return sector on a Sunday evening, but going out from a different airport. I used the late evening ex-LGW a few times this summer – a full day at work and something to eat before getting on board. Arrival is at 01.30, but in bed and asleep before 02.30 and when I got up in the morning I am already there (if you know what I mean). Actually not a bad alternative to the crack of dawn departure, say 7am, for which you have to be up at a ridiculous hour and then, bacause of the our change, you don’t get there until the latter b=part of the morning and feel like half the day has gone!

JonathanM8
    Participant

Travellator…..I can see myself using the return sector on a Sunday evening, but going out from a different airport. I used the late evening ex-LGW a few times this summer – a full day at work and something to eat before getting on board. Arrival is at 01.30, but in bed and asleep before 02.30 and when I got up in the morning I am already there (if you know what I mean). Actually not a bad alternative to the crack of dawn departure, say 7am, for which you have to be up at a ridiculous hour and then, bacause of the our change, you don’t get there until the latter b=part of the morning and feel like half the day has gone!

JonathanM8
    Participant

londonlad
    Participant

Oporto, Faro & Malaga services commence on 30th March 2014, Mykonos on 3rd May and Santorini on 4th May 2014.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls