New BA offer for European EC members

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

• Anonymous

Potakas
    Participant

First of all, did anyone received this one?
    They sent it to a friend of mine but i am registered on a different European country.

What’s your favourite holiday pastime? Testing your golfing skills on the local courses? Taking in the famous sights? Or forgetting all about business while lazing on a beach?

Whatever it is, you could be enjoying it a lot sooner with our quick route to a reward flight.

Just book and fly one return flight in Club World or First between 10 January and 31 March 2011 and we’ll give you 60,000 bonus BA Miles.

Easily enough to take you a long, long way on your reward flight2: North America, the Caribbean, Central America, Central and South Africa or South Asia.

What’s more, for every further return flight in Club World or First you take, you’ll earn an additional 30,000 bonus BA Miles – an added boost to your account that will provide you with a wonderful opportunity to enjoy an upgrade or take someone with you on a reward flight.

T&Cs

1 Valid on all BA marketed and operated flights plus transatlantic services with a British Airways flight number that are part of our joint business agreement with American Airlines and Iberia. This includes flights on routes between the EU, Norway & Switzerland and the US, Canada, Mexico & Puerto Rico operated by British Airways, American Airlines and Iberia in the following booking classes: First (booking classes F, A), Club World and OpenSkies Biz Bed (booking classes J, C, D, R, I).

2 Example is for a return reward ticket in World Traveller, excluding taxes, fees and surcharges.

Booking period: 6 January – 31 March 2011
    Travel period: 10 January – 31 March 2011

This promotion is open to Members of the British Airways Executive Club locally enrolled and resident in France, Italy, Liechtenstein, Monaco, San Marino, Switzerland and Vatican City State who have been personally invited to join the promotion.

Regards

Binman62
    Participant

Thanks for the posting and great to see BA continues to treat UK based Exec club member with utter contempt. Remind when the last offer to them was?????

pomerol
    Participant

P.Sepsas

I received almost identical, the only difference 50,000 bonus BA miles, and for subsequent return flights in Club World 25,000 bonus BA miles.

Regards

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

P.Sepsas

No offer for me, in Malta, as yet.

I wonder if the possible strike action is hitting bookings?

Binman62

I agree completely, this is contemptuous.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Whislt “contemptuous” may be one way to describe this offer, I would remind the forum that this offer is no different to cheaper ex Europe fares. As has been said in the past, different fares for different markets, is the same as different offers for different markets.

I am registered for BAEC in Germany. I recently was awarded 17,000 miles for an internal flight booked through BA but the sector was flown on AA. CBA to check why or how.

Potakas
    Participant

Agree, different prices for different markets, also a UK resident can find cheaper fares if he choose to fly with other European airlines such as Lufthansa or Swiss, but the main problem is about the offers for UK residents, for example we had the Spring offer that was about a silver status with a return CE booking and the award miles to book the same flight again on economy, then we had the BA+Marriott offer which was very generous also only available to ex-Europe members,

The only offer for UK residents i remember was a lottery last X-mas for a Gold Membership with 2.000.000 miles.

Pomerol,

Are you registered at one of the above countries or on a different one? I am just curious if they are offering different benefits based on the registration country or on something else.

Binman

The offers for the ex-Europe members are coming and going through the last year, i have about 20,000 miles from tesco and i don’t change my registration country because i believe that always a new offer will come.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Martyn Sinclair

It is the lack of offers that is contemptuous, as P.Sepsas says.

Also, the ridiculuous differential in EC tier points, from which you also benefit.

MarkCymru
    Participant

Yes, I’m French registered and I got it

MartynSinclair
    Participant

DS – I would suggest you challenge BA’s marketing strategy within Europe at the next AGM!

Good luck

Potakas
    Participant

I found more details about this offer, it seems that targets Europe zone 1 and 2, further details at this link:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/club-world-offer-tc1/public/en_it

I am just curious how many executive club members are based on the Vatican State :p

Regards

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

“DS – I would suggest you challenge BA’s marketing strategy within Europe at the next AGM!”

I don’t have any BA shares.

So I won’t be at the AGM.

However, as someone who does benefit from great offers and reduced EC tier points thresholds, I’m a bit surprised that you do not seem to have any empathy for those UK residents who are not fortunate enough to have an address elsewhere and who have basically received somewhat less than diddly squat in the way of offers, for a long time.

VintageKrug
    Participant

At least one former Vatican resident travelled British Airways:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/47226000/jpg/_47226468_51397293.jpg

pomerol
    Participant

P.Sepsas

I am resident in France.

Regards

flier74
    Participant

Arrrghhhhh why not in Germany? LOL Was getting all excited until I read the link to the BA website. Oh well ,am sure my time will come

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls