New BA Lounges at Gatwick South

Back to Forum

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  openfly 30 Dec 2016
at 21:23

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• DavidSmith2
    Participant

I will be making my final arrival into and departure from Gatwick North in mid-January. Having spent the last 2 years with silver status I have just managed to scrape gold for next year so a chance for a final visit to the No1 Clubrooms before the big switchover.

By my next visit in February, we should be flying in and out of the South terminal where I believe (hope) the new BA lounges are close to being ready.

Does anyone have any news on progress? Will they be open on schedule, and what will they have to offer?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

A poster [pennieuk] on Flyertalk has pasted in some information from BA’s trade website which includes the following

A brand new lounge will feature in the South Terminal for our premium customers which will include the following features:
    477 seats, 40% larger than the North terminal lounge
    A separate First lounge with upgraded seating, finishes and lighting
    Floor to ceiling windows offering fantastic views of the runway
    A beautifully curved staircase overlooking the main lounge
    Full kitchen facilities in both lounges giving an upgraded offering
    Children can enjoy the ‘kidszone’ room
    Shower facilities

It is on page 57(!) of that thread about the lounges, at least when I view it on my computer.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1647349-ba-move-lgw-south-terminal-nov-2016-revised-25-jan-2017-a-57.html

WillieWelsh
    Participant

Wow, I don’t feel I’m missing out on anything.

Will the one staircase be anything like the two interlinked beautifully curving staircases in the TK lounge at IST?

Presumably as the first lounge has upgraded seating there are park benches in the business lounge.

openfly
    Participant

…but BA staff rumour at LGW is that the move will happen as planned. Just the opening of the new lounge is delayed until Mar 1st!!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
BUSINESS-TRAVELLER-FEB-COVER
BUSINESS-TRAVELLER-FEB-COVER
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls