New BA Club World Seat

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Stormin
    Participant

I traveled home from JFK yesterday in Club World – I was admiring the refreshed Club World to the CSD and she told me that the new business class seat design/product has been agreed and purchased. According to her (and she was adamant – politely!) the new seat will drop the ying yang configuration and will be “more like the competitors”

Though I’m skeptical – I’m just passing on what she said.

Oh and btw – the JFK Terminal 7 lounge is very tired !

StephenLondon
    Participant

It may very well be the case, but I’d bet BA would prefer to make the announcement rather than let it leak through their cabin crew. Hmmmmm.

It took all of 3 seconds for their ‘reality check’ survey results to make it beyond band-1 management, so no surprises when it comes to seating…but I would be very sceptical of anything Galley FM broadcasts. In fact, I’d lean towards believing the opposite of whatever they say!

T7 JFK is in the throes of a major makeover…but agree, the lounges have been tired for some time (and, like their aircraft, have been quite filthy).

Flightlevel
    Participant

Cabin crew may have news of a briefing for themselves if its very different ‘though it will be in the A350s and they’re not due awhile, has there been any announcement to refurbish the current aircraft?
    IB already has its first A350, is there a review of the aircraft and its seating?

Flightlevel
    Participant

Airbus video of the IB A350, it appears the business seats maybe a version of the Zodiac Skylounge seat used by EK.
    In a staggered 2-4-2 layout they’re all forward facing, inside and window seats may have to walk across the adjacent seat for aisle access? They do have large IFE screens, little more can be seen.
    To be corrected on all these points since its only a few seconds in the video!

Flightlevel
    Participant

[quote quote=872564] inside and window seats may have to walk across the adjacent seat for aisle access? [/quote]
    To correct myself there does appear to be direct aisle access from all business seats!

Gold-2K
    Participant

A few reports have already speculated on the zodiac seat eg……..

https://www.ausbt.com.au/british-airways-coy-on-new-club-world-business-class-seat

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls