New airport rewards currency programme: opinions needed

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• allisonucb
    Participant

I am a student at UC Berkeley helping a startup and need personal opinions about what you would want in a new airport rewards currency/loyalty program along with a mobile app to accompany it. To give a brief overview of the company: It is the first program for travelers that allows members to accumulate a “universal mile” on purchases inside the airport and other merchants around the world. They can be exchanged for any frequent flier mile or many prizes and products on our network. We are developing an app  that will manage Loyalty Wallet, Pay, Exchange, along with Airport tools (Flights, stores and maps data). I would love to hear your feedback on what you would want in an app that relate to airports/travel/etc.

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Test

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Test

canucklad
    Participant

Hi Alison
    I’m a member of Heathrow Rewards, I got talked into when I visited the airport twice a week during my weekly commute from Scotland
    I’d have had to have spent my hard earned cash like Elton John or Imelda Marcos at her prime for me to enjoy the benefits.
    These days I rarely visit LHR, so I’d as well have enrolled in Moscow’s Bolshoi Ballet’s reward scheme !

So for me to be even bothered to download the app, i’d be looking for ease of use , tap and collect, but most importantly global acceptance of the app at the airports I visit most frequently. — EDI, YVR, HKG, and pretty much any airport in Europe. Most importantly of all I don’t need the spending power of Bill Gates to accumulate enough reward points to exchange them in for Big Mac at Detroit Metropolitan. And at the same time keeping her Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs snoops of my back !

Sounds like a good idea though and good luck

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls