New Air Passenger Duty

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Is it legal for any any EU government to impose a duty from the travelling public for a specific purpose and not intending to use the collected fund for that cause?

Can their citizen take these governments to an international court for deception? Or do we just suffer in silent?

That does not sound very democratic!!! Looks like “Airway” robbery to me!!!

I do have a way of circumventing it by flying into the UK first and continue my trip to other destinations in Europe and departing from airports not imposing this grossly unfair duty back to Asia.

Governments must NEVER forget that the passengers DO have a choice! The UK government would actually loose out more as I can route my future airtickets out of the UK via an European city instead of direct to Asia so as not to avoid the new duty. Now you know who will be the future looser!!!! I expect to find many fellow air passengers would be doing the same thing. It poses no huge inconvenience for a traveller like me as I can freely arrange which point of entry into Europe and which to depart from.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls