“New” AF Business Class seatCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines Air France “New” AF Business Class seat

This topic contains 17 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  RichHI1 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Swissdiver
    Participant

On AF website, there is this message:

The new Affaires seat: more spacious and user-friendly
    Designed by ergonomics experts, this elegant seat has been revamped to offer ideal sleeping conditions: in just a few seconds, it transforms into a bed that is 2 m / 6.5 ft long and 61 cm / 24 in wide, one of the most spacious on the market.
    With its user-friendly controls, you can easily find your best position throughout your flight. You can even have your legs outstretched before takeoff, as well as during takeoff and landing.
    The seat also includes a new storage space and a removable armrest to facilitate access for passengers with reduced mobility.

We are progressively installing the new Affaires seat on all of our long-haul aircrafts, and by summer 2011, the seat will be available in approximately 20 aircrafts.

Has anyone tried this “new” seat? Do you know whether it is fully flat (finally) or not?

Thanks

VintageKrug
    Participant

The old one was seriously uncomfy. Roll on this new version!

Swissdiver
    Participant

It depends on which “old” you are referring to… The first lie-flat seat was in … leather. Didn’t last long though, as they got a flood of complaints of passengers unhappy to end up in their shoes (on leather you slide!). Then we saw a seat that lasted for a while (http://en.flyerwiki.net/index.php/File:Air-france-business-class-02.jpg). Not a great one for night flights. I think I saw an improved version of that first one then. Now they promote http://www.airfrance.fr/FR/fr/common/guidevoyageur/classeetconfort/affaires_confort_airfrance.htm that looks like the new one KLM has. But I heard they are considering a flat bed… Hence the question…

RichHI1
    Participant

I am still nervous about flying Air France again after the Rio crash and the comments about Air France pilot training being seriously deificient (with respect to high altitude stalls in particular). Does anyone know if Air France is addressing this or still in denial mode?

Swissdiver
    Participant

Hold on, Rich, you cannot compare the French BEA with the US FAA… BEA is not impartial and it was once more proven with this case since they were ordered by the French government to withdraw from their initial report anything that could involve Airbus (but French press could point that out)… In the French aviation history, other such cases exist, the most (in)famous being probably the Mont St-Odile one.

TheMidasGold
    Participant

Would never fly with Air France. They have a dreadful safety record, in the air and on the ground. Why take the risk!

Swissdiver
    Participant

TheMidasGold: would you fly AA or United or US Airways? Because all three had more fatal accidents than AF…

RichHI1
    Participant

The difference being there was a transparent process to identify the reasons for failure and steps taken to prevent re-occurrence. You must also look at size and number of flights. Interesting for those who want to know more http://planecrashinfo.com/rates.htm.

Swissdiver
    Participant

No further comment regarding the transparency of the process… Appalling in Europe as soon Airbus is involved… For the rest, I was referring to accidents with fatalities while the link above (interesting though) encompasses many more…

RichHI1
    Participant

Agreed, Lies, d***ned lies and statistics but I found it interesting.

Swissdiver
    Participant

That being said, back to the original question if you don’t mind…

Any recent AF business class long haul experience to share?

RichHI1
    Participant

mea culpa…

Swissdiver
    Participant

@rich: 🙂

Swissdiver
    Participant

So who flew business on AF lately?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.