Need help on visa!

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Anonymous

Pedrito
    Participant

Hey there!
    yep, seems pretty popular the visa subject!

I intend to come in Russia, SPB this summer. I met a russian girl while traveling in India…so that is why we are planing this trip!
    I wish to stay for 3 months…so no tourist visa.
    I looked at the possibility to take russian course and have the support of the school to get a study visa, which is possible but really expensive for me (I would have to pay for at least 5 weeks of courses)!

There is an agency that offers me a business visa, but I do not have any business purpose and I dont feel that comfortable to make something up…what if I get caught, not a good start for this relationship!! Anybody have experience with business visa…with no business purpose!?

Other options?
    Since I know her only for 3 months, doing a private visa is not really serious right?

I would do my visa in India, Delhi.

So, anyone have any suggesion of what would be better for me to do?
    Oh, I am canadian if that may influence the visa procedures!

Thanks for the help!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

This is a helpful site, to establish what you need

http://www.iatatravelcentre.com/

Good luck

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

From a friend who had been working in Moscow for several years until recently, if you want a business visa, for some reason the Russians require an AIDS test… Don’t ask me to attempt an explanation. It’s probably as unfathomable as UK visa requirements.

Carajillo2Sugar
    Participant

I’d strongly recommend saving yourself the time and hassle by looking for a nice Canadian girl instead…..

BEYbrit
    Participant

@ AnthonyDunn – for my Lebanese Iqama, which I renew each year, I have to undergo all manner of random tests. And indeed, one year was a full STD-related bloodwork test, including HIV.

This year, I was let off lightly with an x-ray of the thorax and a TB jab.

Who knows what next year will bring. Maybe they’ll happy with a headlice check from the school nurse.

SimonS1
    Participant

Quite usual to have that level of medical around the middle east. Same in Saudi, UAE and various other places.

NTarrant
    Participant

It’s not the same in Saudi, a medical is not required for renewal of iqama and from what colleagues have told me about UAE who have worked there it’s the same as KSA.

I’m not surprised at the attention given in Lebanon, when my partner applied for a visa to visit, she had to have an interview and went through everything with a fine tooth comb, more so than applying for UK or Schengen visa.

SimonS1
    Participant

The reality is somewhere in the middle actually. There are several nationalities in Saudi who do need a medical to renew their Iqama.

In UAE there are still some medical tests around renewals, I believe the process is now connected with the Health Card.

ConstantFlyer
    Participant

Pedrito – Don’t worry. It can be done. First piece of advice: Do not try to manipulate your circumstances to fit an application. Whatever you choose, it will cost a bit of money. Tourist visa requires you to pay for a hotel; private visit visa involves your host in a lot of hassle; student visa requires a course booking and an HIV test; and a business visa requires a host company and your own company details. Second piece of advice: Use a professional agency, such as “Real Russia” or “Russia House” in the UK, to do it for you – They charge a (modest) fee, but are definitely worth it in avoiding huge amounts of hassle. We Brits are required to give fingerprints for a Russian visa, but I don’t think that applies to Canadians yet. Good luck!

NTarrant
    Participant

SimonS1 – which nationalities are you suggesting need to have a medical in Saudi?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls