Near miss at SFO involving Air Canada A320 and four other aircraft

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• Flightlevel
    Participant

Seems two ATPs were “confused” by RWY lights and neither were monitoring their instruments?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=821898]Seems two ATPs were “confused” by RWY lights and neither were monitoring their instruments?

[/quote]

As they say in the business, better to wait for the report for judging the crew.

If you read the TAC transcript, they were not confused by runway lights, but by lights on the runway, which is somewhat different.

Flightlevel
    Participant

Really, I think you are splitting lights!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Runway lights = edge and centre lights, plus runway end lights = potential normal landing.

Lights on the runway = heavy metal moving towards you with beacons and taxi/landing lights on = potential disaster.

Flightlevel
    Participant

Continued, SFO ATC said precisely AC had the RWY to themselves so weird lights and looking at their ILS are very good clues they failed to consider….consequently!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Flightlevel – do you hold a pilot’s licence? I’m asking so I know how best to reply.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls