NCL to MNL options with Skyteam

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

Biggless
    Participant

Hi – I need to fly NCL to MNL in September (in business). I would prefer to fly KLM/AF, any recommendations for the most comfortable route options ? I was thinking via Hong Kong

NTarrant
    Participant

Looks like your best option is KLM via AMS, although not daily. There is AF via CDG but only on to HKG with connections to CX or PR.

Shame you don’t want OneWorld as they have many options via HKG with CX or QR via DOH

SimonS1
    Participant

Ditto not AF/KLM but EK one stop via Dubai is an option.

rodders
    Participant

What about driving to Edinburgh, and then QR to Doha on the Dreamliner, connecting in Doha to Manila.

GenerationY
    Participant

Hi Biggles,

There are many options to fly to Manila with SkyTeam.

Air France deploys their new cocoon J seat to Shanghai. From Shanghai on you can take many SkyTeam flights to MNL.

KLM deploy new J onboard their 747 to HKG.from HKG you can take one of the local budget or travel with CX direct. Alternatively, SkyTeam serves Manila via HKG with a stop. If you travel in December, you may consider Travelling via Xiamen as KLM deploy its 787 which feature KLM’s cirrus seats.

Korean air. Travel to London and catch KE908 on their 747-8. The plane feature their latest J seat (similar to JL latest J seat).

China Airlines via FRA. If I am not mistaken CI operates their latest 777 to FRA. From the pictures they provided and review, they seems to have the most beautiful cabin flying in the sky today. Transmitting via TPE means you’ll be able to experience the new dynasty lounge, which (again from review) seems to be the best SkyTeam lounge out there. But do check if they had already deployed their latest 777 on FRA-TPE.

Hope it helps. 🙂

Flightlevel
    Participant

Easier on Oneworld via LHR. BA has two evening flights to HKG (earlier is A380) and CX to MNL is good as are their lounges! You can leave NCL after work or day off & have seamless connections to MNL. CX arrives at T3 though & road building there means traffic to the city.

Biggless
    Participant

Thanks for all suggestions. Does anyone have experience of KL0807 which is “direct” to MNL with a stop in Taipei. This flight is a Boeing 777-300 which has the new fully flat beds. I experienced these last yr on a flight to the US and they really are very good. Personally I think better than BA flat beds. OK the food is not brilliant in KLM but you have the convenience of just being on one plane all the way from AMS.
    Flightlevel – I was BA Gold for many yrs but eventually got sick of BA when you can generally fly from NCL via CDG or AMS for at least £500 cheaper than BA. Honestly BA has lost my business due to their many reductions in service. For example in CDG you can still have a proper massage in the AF lounge (like the old days before T5) whereas BA is just now a chair massage even if your are travelling in First !

JohnHarper
    Participant

I think the food on KL is way better than that on BA!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls