Nairobi airport burns down.

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• StewartKidd1
    Participant

Conspiracy always beats cock-up, LetsFlyNow! – although knowing East Africa it could just be true.

More mundanely this could just be another fire resulting from improper control of construction/demolition activity – around 15% of fires in the UK start this way and the percentage is higher in the developing world.

MarcusSorensen
    Participant

Hi, as I will be going to Nairobi next week, will anyone knows if the operations in the airport are back to normal?

Vistaro
    Participant

@MarcusSorensen was there Monday and last night. Arrival was quicker than normal (Taxis across the road now), leaving was a bit painful but OK (took about 20 mins from arrival to get to the gate, 4 lots of scanning!). I only travel with hand bags so can’t comment on how long it takes to move the hold bags around. No Lounges though and everyone bussed to the aircraft. All a bit chaotic but hard to tell the difference!

MarcusSorensen
    Participant

Thanks Vistaro – it was not that bad compared to “normal” operation

SimonS1
    Participant

I saw a couple of days ago that Kalmesh Pattni had given up on his claim against the Govt of Kenya and waived the compensation he was due.

Presumably he has also removed all his goods which were deposited on the pavement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7rSeib9kbI

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls