MyFlights App to End

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

• MrDarwin
    Participant

I just received an email from MyFlights to say their wonderful app will be no more from the end of this year.

From their email:

“Our current agreement with Amadeus, the booking reservation system, comes to an end on 31 December 2017. Unfortunately, the new agreement doesn’t give MyFlights access to the data it needs to operate.

New security procedures require approval from the booking agent before a booking can be accessed by a third party. As such, MyFlights would need a separate agreement with each and every airline or travel agent that a MyFlights user might book with in order to access their booking information. However we don’t have the resource to establish and manage many thousands of separate relationships.

So from today, we have stopped accepting new account registrations and existing accounts can no longer upgrade their status.”

What a huge shame – I always found the app a brilliant way to keep track of flights, aircraft/time/seat changes. I wonder if similar flight detail tracking apps will face a similar fate? Are there any others out there that you know of?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Not sure if it’s the same sort of thing, but I use ExpertFlyer,com

MrDarwin
    Participant

I use ExpertFlyer too for checking availability and seats etc, but not for my existing booking alerts.

I wondered whether they were subject to the same rules which seem to have scuppered MyFlights?

StephenLondon
    Participant

Very sad news as this has proved to be a very useful tool, letting me know of aircraft / seat / timetable changes on my bookings. It is also a quick and easy resource for upcoming (and even historical) flights I have used. Many thanks to the creator of myflights…shame Amadeus wouldn’t play ball any more…

capetonianm
    Participant

Amadeus is going the BA route. Dumbing down and cutting costs. Same mentality but underlying Frenchness which makes it even worse.
    Slippery slope.

peter19
    Participant

Disappointing indeed. Very useful app for seeing all you information including any changes to aircraft, seats and times. I will miss this tool.

PrakashMehta
    Participant

Agree with the sentiments here. It was a very handy app and I will miss it too. I think I first heard of this app on this very forum and if memory serves right, it was rferguson who had spoken about it.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Just tried to access the site to see what it’s all about, and I’m immediately re-directed to BA’s website?

rferguson
    Participant

Absolutely gutted. Was a fantastic app and one that saved me from an undesirable seat several times when it notified me of aircraft swaps in almost real time. A real shame.

MrDarwin
    Participant

[quote quote=839582]Just tried to access the site to see what it’s all about, and I’m immediately re-directed to BA’s website?
    [/quote]

Home

MrDarwin
    Participant

[quote quote=839608]Absolutely gutted. Was a fantastic app and one that saved me from an undesirable seat several times when it notified me of aircraft swaps in almost real time. A real shame.
    [/quote]

Same, and it was usually weeks, and sometimes months, ahead of notifying me about a timetable change than QR’s own emails!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=839474]Amadeus is going the BA route. Dumbing down and cutting costs. Same mentality but underlying Frenchness which makes it even worse. Slippery slope.
    [/quote]

You may well have a point, but I think that the forthcoming implementation date for the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) in May 2018 probably has a lot to do with Amadeus’s decision.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

thanks Mrdarwin, that worked. I was just assuming the url was myflights.com

traveldoc1
    Participant

Dreadful news. Fantastic app to use, and really prompt in notifying me of time or ac changes.

rjhcambs
    Participant

It is my favourite travel app. I don’t have many flight bookings but this morning alone myflights sent me two involuntary seat changes. Nothing from the airlines of course. Myflights will definitely be missed by many of us.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls