My rights when an airline advertises a ‘mistake’ fare?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 98 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

So pleased you managed to sort out the problem with Thai.

Perhaps you’ll let us know what the Thai service is like in J class … ?

Not sure if you’ll be on one of Thai’s A340-600s or one of its newly refurbished B747-400s which are being rostered for the LHR-BKK route.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Pleased you got a result.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Well done RF.

However, what would concern me is the resolution came through a telephone call and not in writing.

Yes you got “an outcome” but I think you should have got something in writing.

JasonMyers
    Participant

I am so pleased for you that you got this sorted out, actually as long time Gold card holder of the ROP programme, I have nothing but good words to say about THAI generally. Whenever I have had issues with Thai in the past they have always done the right thing by me, albeit taking a little time and several emails back and forth to get the required result. Like any business these days companies will try and pass the buck and get away with giving in on genuine complaints (have you ever dealt with insurance claims?) however, THAI usually comes through and is very fair! I fly BLL-LHR-BKK frequently in First and its one flight I thoroughly enjoy with great food, fantastic service and a comfortable seat/bed usually with a good sleep 🙂 Enjoy

1nfrequent
    Participant

Congrats, rferguson. Always nice to see someone stand their ground and win one against the big boys but sorry it took so much hassle.

1F

UrbaneGent
    Participant

Thrilled this happened! Your outcome was what was right, the proper thing to do – and kudos to Thai for honoring the fare! I wish I could have gotten in on the action! Travel safe – and pick your seats 🙂

IanFromHKG
    Participant

TiredOldHack – 04/03/2013 16:28 GMT : I really, really don’t think you can justifiably claim more simply because you’ve been arguing about it. But YMMV.

I thought I knew most of the acronyms people use on here, but YMMV is new to me. I tried to look it up but got some odd results (including You Make Me Vomit, which I hope wasn’t what TOH meant!)… Can anyone clarify?

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

YMMV = Your mileage may vary = different people may get different outcomes.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Thanks FDoS – I had seen that wording too, but it didn’t seem to fit (but your explanation of what it means in this context does!)

rferguson
    Participant

Well what a bizzare turn of events….!! Although not particularly unwelcome 😉 😉

Just over a week ago a representative from Thai called to tell me that they will be ‘allowing me to travel to Bangkok in Business Class’ and that she will be confirming this in writing to me as well as instructing their ticket department to issue a new ticket. The following day i received an email from Expedia. Thai had been in contact and advised them of the resolution. However after discussions between the two of them it was decided that Expedia would handle the re-issuing of the ticket and that I should have the e-ticket in my inbox the following day.

GREAT!!

Next day, no ticket. The following day, still none. I call Expedia. They are experiencing some ‘issues’ with the ticket but not to worry I will still get Business Class to Bangkok and it was just a ‘back office’ delay.

Well, today I finally got emailed my new ticket with an accompanying letter from Expedia. I have been booked in Business Class to Bangkok – using Malaysia Airlines from LHR via KUL!! I have no idea how (or WHY) Thai and Expedia came to this resolution. The email was quite brief and explained ‘they could not find suitable Business Class availability for dates required’ on Thai and ‘to honor our agreement we have booked you in Business Class to Bangkok, albeit with another airline’. They were also offering for me to travel to BKK direct on Thai in Economy class if I preferred (no!) :-))

So, had a look at the ticket……not bad at all!! Malaysia Airlines A380 both ways LHR-KUL-LHR! Connections are not the best on the return but I am in no rush and as I haven’t been to KUL before and I have time for a quick day tour before my late night flight home.

And what’s better: i’ve had a look at the MH ticket – i’m booked in ‘Z’ class. A quick look at ba.com and I am eligible for BA Tier Points and Avios :-))

Just got off the phone from MH – have had my seat allocated and booked my ‘Chef on Call’ meal (Prawn brochette over tomato linguine thank you very much).

I’ll be sure to do a MH trip report on the A380 and intra-asia 737-800.

Happy flying people!

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Sounds like a better result than the original settlement, actually.

HarryMonk
    Participant

A good result, Def worth a trip in to town, take the train and be at KL Sentral in about 30mins and then one stop on the metro will get you to Chinatown, great for food, people watching and if general tat or about 4 stops to KLCC for the Petronas Towers and if its your thing, shopping.

rferguson
    Participant

Thanks Harry. Definitely want to check out the towers and indulge in some ‘hawker’ food.

JordanD
    Participant

Apologies for dragging this eons old thread out of the grave, but I was searching for TimFitzgeraldTC on a similar topic, and this one popped up, so in the hope of reaching him and also getting some advice, here goes:

Was looking last night at a trip to BKK/KUL next month – using the ITA Matrix tool, I was able to pop up a very reasonable £524 return fare on the open jaw routing in Y on QR – taking in the A380 on the outbound, and the new airport in DOH.

However – having now looked at a variety of websites (including QR) I can’t seem to find the same fare – or anything vaguely close. I’ve got the useful bit off the ITA Matrix which should help construct the fare (in ‘O’ Class); anyone able to suggest a solution … or Tim, are you able to help? Or – as per the title of the thread – is this just a ghost fare which doesn’t actually exist?

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Hi JordanD

There are cheap O Class fares available on QR at the moment (OXPROMO)., so if you can get O Class on the flights you want you can go into BKK and back from KUL. Min stay is 5 nights, max 1 month. Outbound flight Sun-Thurs. Haven’t checked all the rules but I quoted 10th to 20th but no availability on A380 out for the flights I looked at (only 77W). Haven’t checked stopover rules if you wanted to stop in DOH?

Hope that helps

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 98 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls