My first retirement post – buying a new aircraft

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

My only experience with the P180 are clients who preferred not to use it..

FDOS_UK
    Participant

You could also consider a Mitsubish MU2, very fast and efficient.

Charles-P
    Participant

MartynSinclair – thanks for that. A few conversations today also confirm that this is not the aircraft for me which is a shame because I did quite like its futuristic, unusual looks and I admire the aerodynamic path they took with the design.

superchris
    Participant

Does either one have cup holders??

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

There is an interesting article on the PC-12 in this month’s Airliner World.

Charles-P
    Participant

Project – New Aircraft – Update

We’re back from the US now and having seen and flown both the TBM and PC12 we are going to be sticking to the Pilatus. As suggested by others here, the TBM although a nice aircraft with excellent performance it does just not measure up when it comes to the size comparison. There will be times when the aircraft will have six people plus luggage and the TBM is not big enough for that in real terms.

Regretfully the aircraft I was keen on in the US I was unable to agree a deal on and with the cost of relocation to Europe being taken into account I am back to looking at more local aircraft. That being said it was nice to visit the US and meet some old friends. With Brussels still a problem (although getting better) we flew with BA from Heathrow to JFK. As I no longer have an assistant I booked the flights myself on the BA website which I found quite straightforward and fast. We flew Club World and I quite like the Club World product, the seat is comfortable and the entertainment was good. We opted for the ‘Dine before you fly” option as my wife prefers not to eat and fly and this worked well.

In New York we stayed at The Plaza on Fifth Avenue and as usual the hotel was superb, we had a standard room but the Concierge, Mark who I have known for some years showed us one of the the newly opened Legacy Suites (we saw the Ellington Park Suite) which are another level of luxury. While there we saw the Donald Trump motorcade which must rival the President in terms of number of vehicles and people !

We took time to visit the AIR Gallery, the first dedicated to women artists, it was a little too political for my tastes but interesting.

To give me a taste of my African childhood my wife chose The Cecil on 210 W. 118th St., at St. Nicholas Ave for dinner. I had the cod with African Red Popping Sorghum and Coconut Collard Greens.

Regards
    Charles.

MrMichael
    Participant

Charles-P, I cannot say anything about your hunt for your new aircraft, I know nothing about such things. I can say however that it sounds like you and MrsP are enjoying your retirement, so well done, and keep us updated on your travels.

Charles-P
    Participant

MrMichael – choosing a new aircraft is a complex business involving both self and Mrs P with input from children. The way it works is as follows

Self – Consider range, performance, cost per hour, reliability, servicing availability, and equipment of aircraft

Mrs P – Consider interior comfort, seat colours and ability to enter aircraft while wearing skirt

Son No 1 – Is it fast ?

Son No 2 – Is it cool ?

Son No 3 – Is there Wi Fi ?

Daughter No 1 – Can I invite friends on board

Daughter No 3 – Can I bring my horse on board ?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Charles-P, clearly you have not asked any elders for input, otherwise the other question would be, how long can the aircraft fly for and is there a toilet ?? 🙂

Hope the aircraft hunting goes well…

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Charles-P: looks like a great retirement – hope all continues well though am a bit worried about the horse transport….have fun….

LuganoPirate
    Participant

And i thought I was the only one who subscribed to Airliner World Anthony?

Charles, in your hunt for a PC12, may I suggest you contact Pilatus directly. They often know what is for sale and where, and in some cases take aircraft in p/e for a new one. They may even have some factory refurbished ones for sale.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

And i thought I was the only one who subscribed to Airliner World Anthony?

Charles, in your hunt for a PC12, may I suggest you contact Pilatus directly. They often know what is for sale and where, and in some cases take aircraft in p/e for a new one. They may even have some factory refurbished ones for sale.

Charles-P
    Participant

LuganoPirate – thanks for the good idea, in fact Pilatus have been a business contact of mine for many years and they are indeed helping me.

They are also trying to get me to put my name down for a PC 24 !

LuganoPirate
    Participant

It looks beautiful. I know some people there so I might try and sneak a look on the way to Cham, where I’ve been invited to test drive the Tesla.

I may go on to Geneva to EBACE which starts on the 24th. I think they will display both the 12 and the 24 there.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Have you got the skills/ currency for a light twin jet?

If so, go for it, it looks outstanding.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls