My first flight on BA on Club class! Need advice

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• ChrisJR
    Participant

On choice of seats, I agree window seats are much more private but it is quite difficult (I find) to get in and out of your seat with the table out (so if you’re working on you laptop or eating) – for this reason on a day flight I always choose the front row of business class on the aisle – seat D or G. This has the advantage of no one climbing over you, easy to get in and out of seat with the table up, quick service and, quite often, seats E and F are vacant (for the reasons highlights elsewhere) so you can get a bit of extra storage and a bit more privacy.

openfly
    Participant

No, no, no….if it’s a 747 avoid the D/G seats due to galley noise, CSD office noise, constant loo flushing and each time someone passes through the curtain at night the bright lights behind “flash”….sleep is impossible. These are usually the last seats to be chosen for obvious reason and where the staff get seated if all others are occupied.

MarkivJ
    Participant

Hi folks, thank you so much for the extremely detailed responses!

Yes I am aware about stepping over someone to use the washroom, etc. but as I said, I always do Economy class windows so perfectly adept at that skill 😉

I’ll ask for the Rose bubbly, thanks for the tip!

Also, I’m vegetarian (I’m not vegan; and dairy and egg ok). I know biz class comes with a veg option. I was wondering though, if I request for Asian veg (like I normally do on Economy), will they just take whatever they’re serving on Economy and serve it on a fancy platter, or will they have a separate Asian veg for Biz class?

Cloud-9
    Participant

I would hope the Y and J veggie dishes would be different! Pre-order the veggie option on ba.com

MarkivJ
    Participant

Thank you so much for your responses! I had a fairly pleasant flight (am I allowed to say I enjoyed AA business class more than BA’s?), took off and landed on time. And I enjoyed a nice 3 day break in the UK as well (visited Lavenham, Corfe Castle and Amersham).

What went well:
    – Incredibly friendly FAs! They were always smiling, very cheerful, very chatty, very sweet and very friendly. And all of them were so young!
    – I loved the T5 Arrivals Lounge. The showers are so powerful I could’ve stood under the shower all day! I also liked the lounge area – seats are very comfy and very nice of BA to provide power sockets near each seat. There’s good variety in the menu without it being too overwhelming.
    – The Terraces Lounge in Seattle: for some reason, I thought all airlines share a common lounge in Seattle, had no idea BA has its own. Whilst it’s small, it has good views of the runway and a nice food spread (and as is typically British, lots of veg options).
    – I loved the Club World bed!! And the option of tilting the telly when you’re in a lie-flat position. They had GoT S6 which I watched again!

What didn’t go well:
    – Disappointed with the food: they didn’t have everything in stock. SEA-LHR for example: the breakfast menu lists a power smoothie, etc. but all we were offered was Kellogg’s K or fruit. They had only 1 option for dessert. Their “Club kitchen” talks about having various things to nibble on but it was a stingy box of Cadbury and crisps. By contrast, the AA flight where I got upgraded to Biz class last year had more variety and quantity.
    – They take forever to serve. After the main course, there was such pin-drop silence I thought the cabin crew had forgotten to serve dessert! They wheeled it out 30 minutes later.
    – Ordering Asian veg was a disaster: it was worse than Economy class. In economy class, I usually get a good curry. All I got here was 2 big mushroom slices with tomato salsa. The dessert was meant to be frozen (“kulfi”), but they had put it out to thaw so what I got was a semi chilled semi frozen uneatable dessert. 🙁
    – Even though they had the Immigration fast track passes on board, they weren’t handed out. I reminded the FA when disembarking and she got one for me. Most of the Biz class folks had disembarked by then without the pass.
    – The Dreamliner that flies to TLV was a bit disappointing. Isn’t this supposed to be less than 3-4 years old? The seat felt as “old” as the 777-300ER that flies SEA-LHR. I don’t just mean the layout, I mean the wear and tear as well.

Question: My flight from TLV leaves early morning and I doubt I’ll be able to shower. Do the Galleries have shower facilities (the South Terraces doesn’t seem to have to). I have a 3 hour layover so I really don’t mind going through Immigration just so I can use the Arrivals Lounge for a shower.

Again, thank you for all your great suggestions and tips!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls