Mumbai Airport Transfers?

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

Ricardo
    Participant

In a couple of months we shall be flying BA F to Mumbai. We arrive at Term 2 at 00:30, and have booked to stay at Ibis Mumbai Airport hotel before catching a Jet Airways 08:45 flight to BLR from Term 1B.

Can anyone let me know if there are any airport hotel transfer buses at these times (as Hoppa at LHR), or is it best to get a taxi?

Also, on return journey, we arrive at BOM at 18:20 for 02:30 flight back to UK. 8 hours to waste at BOM! Is it worth heading into town for a few hours – or are we best to stay at the airport?

Any advice and guidance gratefully received.

nibbler
    Participant

Getting into Mumbai and back is likely risky in 8 hours; especially in the rush hour. You could go to Powai; its a bit western has shops; restaurants and you can even choose between a costa and a starbucks; there are a fair amount stores / bars and restaurants which will be nicer than the airport – and let you burn off your last rupees before leaving.

On the way there you will go past Powai lake which is fairly peaceful if you want a walk; bar the traffic noise. The Renaissance hotel is a reasonable place to spend some time on the other side of the lake it has a particularly nice italian restaurant (for india don’t get me wrong); the buffet restaurant is mediocre at best. There is more choice in powai – but it will be busier. Powai is the other side of the lake.

You should be able get taxis to either powai or renaissance without issue.Cant answer about the ibis I’m afraid; usually get a hotel car to the renaissance (or sometimes holiday inn if renaissance is being crazy price when i arrive.

quick edit; its worth having some time in the airport if you like art, it has a great and varied collection

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls