Mrs P’s travel from YVR to SEA

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Papillion

I have stayed at same hotel at YVR. It’s worth every cent just for the view of the runway and mountains.

CarlaDevis
    Participant

what a unforgettable experience and Great Success. It absolutely makes vacations worthwhile..

Communipaw
    Participant

While this is an afterthought, I just wanted to mention that Amtrak has passenger service between Vancouver and Seattle. The reason I bring this up is that all border formalities are conducted before the train departs Vancouver.

I would suggest that perhaps part of the more intense scrutiny was that you were brining a rental car with (I’m assuming) British Columbia tags over the border.

My brother had the same experience: He was working at a job site in Massena, NY (close to the Canadian border). The closest commercial airport is Ottawa. He flew there rented a car, and came south. Apparently the customs official could not wrap his head around the fact that there was a US citizen coming from Canada to the US in a rental car with Ontario license plates.

It boggles the mind sometimes.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls