Mr Michael – suggestion for a lasting tribute

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• PeterCoultas
    Participant

Mr Michael one of the reasons for following this forum….if there is a real effort to remember will also pledge the £ 250….

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

[quote quote=812794]Hi all – just to say Tom is currently travelling. I’m sure he will respond when he is next able to.

[/quote]

I will indeed.

It’s a great idea, we just need to think of how it will work, and be sustainable, and what it will be called, and the entry criteria, and who judges it, and how we collect the donations for the initial prize, and who funds it after that initial date, and whether sponsorship would be appropriate and…

…or whether we have a prize for the most informative forum poster…!

capetonianm
    Participant

Can I give this a little ‘bump’? I believe many users of this forum would like to see this suggestion become reality and it would be a pity for it to fall by the wayside.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=828283]Can I give this a little ‘bump’? I believe many users of this forum would like to see this suggestion become reality and it would be a pity for it to fall by the wayside.

[/quote]

+1

Henryp1
    Participant

Is that £250 each?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Hello,

I understand the idea behind this, and since we have the model donated by MrMichael in the office, not a day goes by without me thinking about it and him. Nevertheless, I am at a loss as to how this would be organised and resourced.

We have a small staff who work very long hours and at the moment are in the process of relaunching the website, redesigning the magazine, launching Business Traveller TV, organising the Business Traveller awards and also a couple of forthcoming Editor’s Lunches – we should also be organising more “get-togethers” for readers and forum posters.

None of which is relevant to the suggestion here, but does indicate the “bandwidth” we have left for organising something along these lines (see my previous posts on the list of considerations).

I’m very conscious that anything done in the memory of someone should be well organised, sustainable and have some lasting legacy. I don’t want to launch it without having a clear idea of what “it” is, and at the moment, I don’t.

Tom

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls